New Everton Stadium

Too much of a coincidence? Seem to recall some better informed posters saying this is similar to renders they had seen.....

IMG_6034.png
That big ‘Everton’ looks so tacky.

Too much of a coincidence? Seem to recall some better informed posters saying this is similar to renders they had seen.....

IMG_6034.png

Does look the same and if it is what the final design looks like I am going to throw my toys out of the pram. Usually i understand that one persons tat is anothers treasure, but that is what I would expect a bunch of schoolchildren to come up with. I would go as far to say even the Tesco value stadium we could have ended up with looked more interesting than that. Look at the stadium in Bilbao Meis and see what a riverside stadium should look llike, then look back at what you have drawn, pick it up, roll it into a ball and throw it into the bin and start again.

Fingers crossed this is to knock us off the scent of something decent and if so I apologise to him.

Does look the same and if it is what the final design looks like I am going to throw my toys out of the pram. Usually i understand that one persons tat is anothers treasure, but that is what I would expect a bunch of schoolchildren to come up with. I would go as far to say even the Tesco value stadium we could have ended up with looked more interesting than that. Look at the stadium in Bilbao Meis and see what a riverside stadium should look llike, then look back at what you have drawn, pick it up, roll it into a ball and throw it into the bin and start again.

Fingers crossed this is to knock us off the scent of something decent and if so I apologise to him.

I have to admit I thought it would be fully enclosed mainly due to the location. On that stadium above there's a lot of empty space under the upper tiers that an external skin like Lille and Bayern could cover. Just wondering if the part that has Everton written on it is a window as that would be facing town.

I would imagine the final design is firmly under wraps and we'll see it when the time is right. He'll never please everybody regardless is probably the only certainty just now!

I have to admit I thought it would be fully enclosed mainly due to the location. On that stadium above there's a lot of empty space under the upper tiers that an external skin like Lille and Bayern could cover. Just wondering if the part that has Everton written on it is a window as that would be facing town.

I would imagine the final design is firmly under wraps and we'll see it when the time is right. He'll never please everybody regardless is probably the only certainty just now!
The part that says ‘Everton’ would be facing the river. I imagine so that cruise ships will know whose stadium it is. Also, it really would make Everton part of the skyline.

Needless to say, however, it looks tacky.

The part that says ‘Everton’ would be facing the river. I imagine so that cruise ships will know whose stadium it is. Also, it really would make Everton part of the skyline.

Needless to say, however, it looks tacky.

On that picture the Everton wording is on an end, according to the plans it runs alongside the river so that must mean it will be pointing towards town and the water infront of that is nelson dock.

On that picture the Everton wording is on an end, according to the plans it runs alongside the river so that must mean it will be pointing towards town and the water infront of that is nelson dock.

On that point the side along the river doesn't look to be maximising the potential. Surely it'll have corporate facilities the whole length of the river side?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back