New Everton Stadium

Well that is disappointing! :) Hopefully there are better pictures of it somewhere then. It will still be better than Goodison whatever but to me it looks cheap, fingers crossed in reality it doesn't.

This image has been round for a while, and is the form of the new stadium. However, in the last few months work has been continuing and there may be some changes to the final renders that will, I suspect now, be released in January. I was originally expecting to see them during this month, but the planning application has dropped back a few weeks.

That stand is complete rubbish. What purpose does a non overlapping double tier have?

It better not be ours. I dismissed that image at first thinking no way we'd be stupid enough to have it. The fact that no one else is noticing how crap it is disturbs me. They'd kick off over some rubbish minor detail and miss out the obvious staring at them.

Will it be better than the heap we sit in now?
Yes
Calm down and enjoy whatever we get.
Doom mongers the Everton way as always

I'm not sure how any of you could surmise a lot from that picture. The Everton name could simply be a projection on what looks like some sort of exoskeleton. It looks rectangular - good - and certainly has plenty of potential. It's not going to have super overhanging decks - stadium just aren't built that way anymore, but you can't help but be impressed by his latest renderings of other ones - Roma looks amazing, Cinci FC looks awesome, etc.

This image has been round for a while, and is the form of the new stadium. However, in the last few months work has been continuing and there may be some changes to the final renders that will, I suspect now, be released in January. I was originally expecting to see them during this month, but the planning application has dropped back a few weeks.
The form makes sense - it looks recentagular, it's not a bowl, the shape isn't a problem at all.

It looks like it draws a little on the Bordeaux stadium in it's unfinished bare nature, (even the stand layout is similar just upscaled) however that looks futuristic and has some merits where as ours looks like the poundland version.

site-vcf_23976-12001al13.webp

d38ceddb52b535475faa7681c46972f9.webp

Will it be better than the heap we sit in now?
Yes
Calm down and enjoy whatever we get.
Doom mongers the Everton way as always

There's three basic types of stands, single tier, overlapping tiers, and non overlapping tiers. All stands you see are either those or mixes of those. The non overlapping tier is the most pointless out of all of them. No fans are closer to any action, and there's a pointless division of fans. It is the very first thing you should look out for on a stadium.

One picture tells you that? Jesus.

That picture tells me that. I reserve the right to change my mind as and when more are available though. There is no cutting edge architecture on that pic, it looks a very basic. Hopefully the interior makes up for it or pictures that show it in a better light are released. Even Fulham's proposed new riverside stand exterior puts it in the shade. But it may be a basic build to start with that can be added to at a later date, I would accept that. I'm just a bit put out it doesn't appear to be making the most of the surroundings.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back