New Everton Stadium

The amount of work that has gone into the acoustic profiling would say different.

It still requires the supporters to make some noise, over the past few years it takes usually a night game to get the atmosphere going at Goodison.

If people think a new stadium will automatically create an atmosphere, they will be disappointed.

They should be closer due to the fact the rake of the stand will be different. If you add the number of rows that the 2nd tier has on to the lower at the same trajectory it should show you how far away from the pitch you would be without the second tier. A lot of people don't like a huge overhang as when you are at the back you can't see the whole stadium and you lose sight of the ball when it goes up in the air. Granted it could overhang more than it does on that plan though.

The rake on a non overlap will always mean they're further away than a single tier.

A second tier on an overlap will be far closer in terms of starting distance of the seat to the pitch, but will lose some of that advantage as it will be steeper. Hard to explain as it's metal maths wouldn't know a formula to work it out on paper mind.

If people don't like it at the back then either get a ticket elsewhere as some people do like it at the back, or they can start the upper tier higher up.

It still requires the supporters to make some noise, over the past few years it takes usually a night game to get the atmosphere going at Goodison.

If people think a new stadium will automatically create an atmosphere, they will be disappointed.

Yes that's right. Part of Everton's problem has been down to poor acoustics from the Gwladys Street though. You can make a lot of noise at the back of the Gwladys Street and it doesn't travel well. If the same people, made the same noise in say the Park End, you'd hear it all over the stadium.

Yes that's right. Part of Everton's problem has been down to poor acoustics from the Gwladys Street though. You can make a lot of noise at the back of the Gwladys Street and it doesn't travel well. If the same people, made the same noise in say the Park End, you'd hear it all over the stadium.

We'll also all be under the one roof too which, while it sounds like very little, would be new to Evertonians. I'm really looking forward to it.

A night game, against major opposition or when we feel wronged through a poor decision or tackle. Otherwise, in the mainstay, it's quite sterile.

Moving to a new stadium where groups of individuals, who've usually sat together for many a year, are inevitably split up will only add to this.

A night game, against major opposition or when we feel wronged through a poor decision or tackle. Otherwise, in the mainstay, it's quite sterile.

Moving to a new stadium where groups of individuals, who've usually sat together for many a year, are inevitably split up will only add to this.

It doesn't take too long, though, to form those communities again. I know we have another Pittsburgher on here, but when the Steelers moved from 3 rivers to Heinz Field, we were suddenly all sitting with new people. It took maybe a year or two for those sectors to build a sense of community again, but it didn't take any longer than that.

Why would they be inevitably split up? Surely ST holders will have the opportunity first to purchase in an equivalent stand along with the people they currently are sitting with?

We'll also all be under the one roof too which, while it sounds like very little, would be new to Evertonians. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The big home End I'm pleased that they're thinking of us for once. Though very disappointed it's not two.

That would have nailed it across Europe if we had two big home ends. We would have been the envy of Europe rather than fans saying that's decent.

The expansion capabilities of the stadium is still unknown. Possible the two sides able to expand? I don't know.

Why would they be inevitably split up? Surely ST holders will have the opportunity first to purchase in an equivalent stand along with the people they currently are sitting with?
From what I've read and heard of previous ground moves or renovations of specific a stand or stands in a stadium, it's a common issue.

With all the good will in the world, it will be incredibly difficult to ensure everyone is happy when a lot of people communicate only at the match.

The non overlapping tier is the most pointless out of all of them.

The rake on a non overlap will always mean they're further away than a single tier.

A second tier on an overlap will be far closer in terms of starting distance of the seat to the pitch, but will lose some of that advantage as it will be steeper. Hard to explain as it's metal maths wouldn't know a formula to work it out on paper mind.

If people don't like it at the back then either get a ticket elsewhere as some people do like it at the back, or they can start the upper tier higher up.

Think we have crossed wires somewhere, i'm not disagreeing with you regarding an overlap tier being closer. You made a point saying of the 3 type of stands (single/overlap/non-overlap) the last is the most pointless. That bit i disagree on as if you have 50 rows on a single tier you will be further away than if you have 25 and 25 on a non-overlap 2 tier stand. The picture of the cross section looks as though the first 4-5 rows do overlap which is ok, I agree with you it could be a few more but if you go too far it just creates problems and expenses.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back