New Everton Stadium

Why would they be inevitably split up? Surely ST holders will have the opportunity first to purchase in an equivalent stand along with the people they currently are sitting with?
Just seen this.

Attachments

• DRO1FbyWAAAuaWI.webp
    DRO1FbyWAAAuaWI.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 277
Think we have crossed wires somewhere, i'm not disagreeing with you regarding an overlap tier being closer. You made a point saying of the 3 type of stands (single/overlap/non-overlap) the last is the most pointless. That bit i disagree on as if you have 50 rows on a single tier you will be further away than if you have 25 and 25 on a non-overlap 2 tier stand. The picture of the cross section looks as though the first 4-5 rows do overlap which is ok, I agree with you it could be a few more but if you go too far it just creates problems and expenses.

If it overlaps by 5 rows then it is an overlapping stand though as you say could be more. I'd be interested to know how far an overlap can go these days without obstruction. The Bullens is around 17 rows I think which is amazing meaning the first row of the upper Bullens is around row 12 equivalent on the bottom. A 21st Century version of that, and to a bigger capacity would be great, though I'm presume is unrealistic.

If it is non overlap then you will be further away than a single tier. 50 rows single, to 25+25 would be the same in tread depths, but as the non overlapping 2nd tier is higher, it is therefore further away.

From what I've read and heard of previous ground moves or renovations of specific a stand or stands in a stadium, it's a common issue.

With all the good will in the world, it will be incredibly difficult to ensure everyone is happy when a lot of people communicate only at the match.

yeah West ham handled it particulary badly but you'd think there's a sensible way to do it

Sure the starting point would be to transpose all seats at Goodison onto those at the new ground, then give people the opportunity to move. I love my seats, me and my Dad have had them for 20 years, and would be gutted to lose out on a similar view
I would think you'd have an opportunity to choose your seats, but the level of priority has to be determined somehow. Tenure I'm sure is a big factor. Seems like teams have done it a couple different ways.

Sure the starting point would be to transpose all seats at Goodison onto those at the new ground, then give people the opportunity to move. I love my seats, me and my Dad have had them for 20 years, and would be gutted to lose out on a similar view

Exactly. Can't see there being issues if they apply logic and common sense. ST who want the same, ST who want to move, ST list then new purchases.

I would think you'd have an opportunity to choose your seats, but the level of priority has to be determined somehow. Tenure I'm sure is a big factor. Seems like teams have done it a couple different ways.

It should be easy to do. One question to each STH, "Do you want a ST in a similar position to your Goodison one?"

There's three basic types of stands, single tier, overlapping tiers, and non overlapping tiers. All stands you see are either those or mixes of those. The non overlapping tier is the most pointless out of all of them. No fans are closer to any action, and there's a pointless division of fans. It is the very first thing you should look out for on a stadium.

Was that an answer to the question?
It wasn’t...........

Heres an interesting question:

If you had to chose between a stadium that looks fantastic from the outside, but is lacking on acoustics and atmosphere inside, would you prefer that to one that didnt look that good, but had amazing acoustics and atmosphere? What if a designer had to chose form vs function, appeal to the world(effecting team image) vs appeal to those who sit in it, what would you chose?

Something that’s better than the dump we’re in now

If it is non overlap then you will be further away than a single tier. 50 rows single, to 25+25 would be the same in tread depths, but as the non overlapping 2nd tier is higher, it is therefore further away.

But the height gives you a better view so you can see the pitch better. I know what you are saying but the extra distance makes a difference when trying to look at the other end of the pitch. I've knocked up a simple diagram to show what I mean, rows 17 to 20 below are further back on the lower tier than 20 in the upper tier even if the total distance may be more due to the height:

20171221_173940.webp

But the height gives you a better view so you can see the pitch better. I know what you are saying but the extra distance makes a difference when trying to look at the other end of the pitch. I've knocked up a simple diagram to show what I mean, rows 17 to 20 below are further back on the lower tier than 20 in the upper tier even if the total distance may be more due to the height:

View attachment 42997

Looks like a shopping trolley to me

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back