New Everton Stadium

I don't think it was ever going to lean too much to an existing design, Meis would want something identified as his.

There's only a few with any known details on this thread, most of us are purely guessing but what is consistent is the desire for stands that are seperate in identity and that's been verified by @Jacko93 .

Going into mad guess mode, presuming the render of the stadium is north to south, the big window may allow views to town similar to the Lucas Oil stadium with the stand under the window smaller than others (maybe like the Aviva and/or allowing for expansion maybe?). Take the genral feel of that stadium and make the side stands fit for footy (closer to the pitch, steeper, less corporate break-up), the huge single tier home end in the north and that'll do me.

Lucas-Oil-Stadium-Section-427-Row-8-on-10-25-2015k.jpg

Sorry, I ment more that it was a red brick buildings. I thought jacko mentioned that before ?

There are a few things that indicate this is definitely the design.

There’s red brick ‘riding out of the docks’.

The upper tiers are more exposed/raw which is also something DM suggested he would be doing

It matches the leaked engineering drawings insofar as the stand behind the goal is smaller that the ones along the sides - allowing the big feature window above that stand.

The window will also be facing north. This makes sense as it will face ships coming down river into the city. It will also need to face north to avoid the glare of the sun coming through.

I’d imagine the river facing side will host the corporate stand and will look different.

I think it will be cool. Really didn’t want something that looked like the Bayern bubble.

It’s quite easy to sort seats together for season ticket holders, for the euros one of lads got a code, and when applying for tickets you simply applied that code and there was 10/15 of us sitting next to eachother.. that was 6 games in 6 different stadiums so i imagine doing it for BM would be easier.

Surprised to see that the Stretford End at Old Trafford only has a capacity of 14,000, would have expected it to be bigger than that. Our 'home end' is expected to be around 16-17,000 so will look impressive. The Yellow Wall at Dortmund holds 25,000 though.

I thought it was ment to look like the Lucas oil stadium?
Why would anyone want to copy that giant barn? I think we are all hoping for something a bit more modern and iconic.

The Everton writing is what might be throwing people off. It could just be part of a display on some sort of exoskeleton off the stadium. But regardless, I'm sure the final plans will look a bit more spectacular. His Roma stadium looks amazing as does his Cincinnati FC design. It'll be good and that picture doesn't indicate to me that it won't be great.

Personally would love something like the Lucas Oil Stadium. If you look at the buildings around BMD, the LOS would fit and not look out of place. That window is superb and a view along the river to the 3 Graces would be incredible. It might not be everybodies cup of tea but then really what will be!?!? Spiralling building costs suggest that in order to build the stadium and continue to try to be competitive on the pitch, a 600million stadium is not going to happen. If Meis designs something industrial that fits with the current area and developing waterfront, creates intimidating noise that is uniquely Goodison and entices the next generation of football fans, I will be very satisfied. We just have to get it done.

Personally would love something like the Lucas Oil Stadium. If you look at the buildings around BMD, the LOS would fit and not look out of place. That window is superb and a view along the river to the 3 Graces would be incredible. It might not be everybodies cup of tea but then really what will be!?!? Spiralling building costs suggest that in order to build the stadium and continue to try to be competitive on the pitch, a 600million stadium is not going to happen. If Meis designs something industrial that fits with the current area and developing waterfront, creates intimidating noise that is uniquely Goodison and entices the next generation of football fans, I will be very satisfied. We just have to get it done.

The interior of the Lucas Oil Stadium does look terrific and the giant window feature is smart....

I'm just not keen on that exterior though.... I've tried but I can't force myself to find it appealing.

I'm hoping for something a bit more..... futuristic....?

The Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta is truly something else. Unique and bold. Looks like a space-ship cathedral. Wrong colour scheme mind....
new_falcons_stadium236.webp
082717 mercedes benz fans ba10.webp
Stadium_60.0.webp

Surprised to see that the Stretford End at Old Trafford only has a capacity of 14,000, would have expected it to be bigger than that. Our 'home end' is expected to be around 16-17,000 so will look impressive. The Yellow Wall at Dortmund holds 25,000 though.

That's in standing-mode though to be fair. It's 'only' about 14k when fully seated (which it has to be for European games because of UEFA rules).

I just don't think it's a very attractive stadium, especially from the outside. Simple as that. It's literally designed to be some old school looking oversized brick building. I understand wanting something in harmony with the docs, but it's just ugly, man. That being said, it is Indiana. It's not exactly the epic center of excitement. So perhaps it does appeal to the general populace - very nice people on a whole - but it would be completely silly in Liverpool and with the chosen site.

A better comparison as far as NFL stadiums go is Paul Brown on the river in Cinci. Again, BMD is going to be closed off, loud, intimate, and Paul Brown is not that, but it is a nice looking stadium in a similar location
newfront.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back