New Everton Stadium

I'm interested please go on. I have said before that upper tier line probably should go to around row 18 of the lower tier and is probably steeper than allowed making the gap between one larger tier and a 2 tier stand seem bigger but that was just for enhanced effect. The question was put there was no difference in how far from the pitch (if you traced the position of the row back to the floor) by having a two tier non-overlapping stand and that was the point I was trying to make, the depth stays the same but as the riser gaps go up and the line gets steeper you can fit more seats in the same amount of space than if you just had one big tier. This is why we have stadiums with tiers to bring people closer. (Although the distance is actually probably more as the height increases but the raised viewing position allows for a better view)

Over 10 seats on a less steep tier this may not be a huge amount but then as you add more to make it into a real life example it is easily apparent why they do this.

Your horizontal line which represents the floor is the footprint, that is where you mark the rows. Do distance there then divide it into intervals for your chosen leg room.

You should do that before you even draw the lines for your stands. You can then fit on any types of standards on there.

Your seats are horizontal not diagonal.

Give yourself an example of how much leg room are you going to have.

Then work out the footprint for both types.

Your horizontal line which represents the floor is the footprint, that is where you mark the rows. Do distance there then divide it into intervals for your chosen leg room.

You should do that before you even draw the lines for your stands. You can then fit on any types of standards on there.

Your seats are horizontal not diagonal.

Give yourself an example of how much leg room are you going to have.

Then work out the footprint for both types.

I have done that and it proves my point.
The horizontal line that is the footprint is going to be shorter than any angled line. The steeper the angle the longer the line. Try it on a piece of graph paper, you can then square off the line by introducing steps which becomes the rows and the same principle applies.

Exactly the same depth, the only thing that is different is the rise of each row. That diagram like I say is a bit off, but the one I did showing each step still shows the same thing just to a lesser extent.

The green guide to football stadiums recommends 0.76m for each row.

So as it is the same depth for each row, can you calculate for me the footprint for both stands on your diagram for the same number of rows?i.e. 20.

The interior of the Lucas Oil Stadium does look terrific and the giant window feature is smart....

I'm just not keen on that exterior though.... I've tried but I can't force myself to find it appealing.

I'm hoping for something a bit more..... futuristic....?

The Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta is truly something else. Unique and bold. Looks like a space-ship cathedral. Wrong colour scheme mind....View attachment 43011 View attachment 43012 View attachment 43013

The problem with the massive glass window is when we keep hoofing it and keep breaking it. Gonna cost millions in repairs.

The green guide to football stadiums recommends 0.76m for each row.

So as it is the same depth for each row, can you calculate for me the footprint for both stands on your diagram for the same number of rows?i.e. 20.

Will do, but won't be able to until tonight/tomorrow. The depth of the row makes no difference as long as it's the same for both, it's the angle that counts, if I use a degree that is used for a shallow stand and then use one that is the maximum allowed it will exaggerate the difference. In reality an upper tier is generally 10-15 degrees steeper than the lower. A stadium designer will probably reduce the depth of the upper tiers a little (often as it's cheaper to sit higher) thus maximising the effect, then with an overhang it pushes spectators closer to the action than if it was one larger tier.

Will do, but won't be able to until tonight/tomorrow. The depth of the row makes no difference as long as it's the same for both, it's the angle that counts, if I use a degree that is used for a shallow stand and then use one that is the maximum allowed it will exaggerate the difference. In reality an upper tier is generally 10-15 degrees steeper than the lower. A stadium designer will probably reduce the depth of the upper tiers a little (often as it's cheaper to sit higher) thus maximising the effect, then with an overhang it pushes spectators closer to the action than if it was one larger tier.
I was only for the footprint covered by each. 20 rows, 0.76m, for the two stands.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back