New Everton Stadium

That update is laying the groundwork for the whole thing to collapse.
Knowing Everton then I wouldn't say such an outcome is unrealistic, but rather I took it as perhaps lowering expectations in either time or scale.

People are clambering for detailed information, prospected images and progress to start when really we're still not far from the drawing board.

"Meis has presented the club with outline concept design" - has there been an 'almost' finalised design? From that, I'd say a resounding no.

"Cost consultants have prepared estimates" - we are yet to know an estimated cost so no wonder we haven't finalised any finance deal.

Planners are ready to kick off the planning application." - same with all of the above. Basically, this is a slow burner!

If they, Kenwright & Elstone, truly though that a world class stadium on a water front would cost just £300m then they are even thicker than I initially thought. Or they're just getting in an excuse early ready for it to either collapse or it to turn out rubbish.

Oh and this...

Finally, thank you for all your support on and off the field. The People’s Club will always listen, always put fans first, and always endeavour to meet the aspirations of our forefathers; nil satis nisi optimum.

giphy.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back