New Everton Stadium

What bombshell was that Dave?

I posted on here some days back that underground surveying was to start to check on the ground to support building which you just dismissed, why, simple it does not fit your agenda of knocking everything in sight. You are never positive about anything meaningful.

You act as though the stadium should have been built yesterday, got news for you such projects do take time, like many you are unhappy because no plans published so what they will idc.

To me unclear exactly where do you want a new stadium to be, have you ever indicated any sort of choice and do not go back into history quoting Arena or Kirkby that is finished. So where Dave let's hear it, are you in favour of Bramley-Moore, if not where?

So what other downsides do you come out with? Oh yes Moshiri but if he had not stepped in where would we be now? So what is your problem with him?

Then there is the team manger, we know who you would like but fail to recognise we have fat chance of getting any of those the way the club is, get real Dave, Allardyce was the only option.

There numerous other bits but Dave tell us is there anything you think is positive ATM with our club?
There's nothing meaningful happened with this scheme. I feel genuinely sorry for people like you who have constantly talked up the do-able nature of this stadium at the docks, but I think your good will and patience is being abused.

Even by Elstone's own admission this has dragged along, and now he offers little other than hopes and aspirations on funds and permission for the new year rather than a bullet point list of tasks that lead inevitably to a new stadium for a certain point in the near future.

He's offering you an oasis and it's really an empty dock and you're walking toward it in good faith. That's what gets me.

As for Moshiri and Allardyce: I have no faith in the former after two years of selling the family jewels and selling it as massive spending, and the latter I recognise has limitations but support him for the short term.

There's nothing meaningful happened with this scheme. I feel genuinely sorry for people like you who have constantly talked up the do-able nature of this stadium at the docks, but I think your good will and patience is being abused.

Even by Elstone's own admission this has dragged along, and now he offers little other than hopes and aspirations on funds and permission for the new year rather than a bullet point list of tasks that lead inevitably to a new stadium for a certain point in the near future.

He's offering you an oasis and it's really an empty dock and you're walking toward it in good faith. That's what gets me.

As for Moshiri and Allardyce: I have no faith in the former after two years of selling the family jewels and selling it as massive spending, and the latter I recognise has limitations but support him for the short term.

More boring club bashing.......dear oh dear.
It’ll never change

He will be made up.

The answer to all our problems is to fill the dock with the current 1st team squad, claim insurance for them claiming no knowledge of what's happened, then use said funds to build the stadium :D

It's funny how at least the two most recent 'updates' have actually offered nothing whatsoever that we didn't already know. Gang of frauds behind the scenes at Everton, but even that isn't an update.

It's more than a concept, it's something tangible fans can hold onto. There's just no feel about this that it will ever be anything other than an abstraction that now quickly unravels.

If anyone still feels confident this is getting built all I have to say is that they haven't been paying attention to the way the club has operated on stadium schemes down the years. We should be at the planning submission stage by now. That we are now told is the ambition for the coming year!

Dave, what tells you, from your knowledge or experience of large scale construction that "We should be at the planning stage by now"?

The programmed date for planning afaik was december (start or end, I don't know), it is fairly normal for there to be slippage on projects of this size, so the fact that there is some is hardly surprising. It is that common in fact that there is a standard amount of projected slippage/float regularly written into contracts.

This is a large and complicated projected made more challenging by the location. It is no surprise to me, and I doubt to anybody else involved in the construction industry, if there is some level of movement on the contract dates.

He has moved the opening date to the season after, but that could be down to anything. The move won't be mid season, so the expected completion date moving back a month or so could put it back till the season after. I did think at the start though that the were being little too ambitious with their initial projections, though didn't see it being impossible. Much of it depends on which contractors they get on board for the build.

I read that suntan bob statement and nothing screams it's off. Just standard guff with the usual added caveats.

The difference between the other attempted ground moves to this one is still night and day, we are driving this one whereas the others we were clinging on to the coattails of another developer/company with little to offer than the sale of Goodison.

Got to have hope Dave. It will happen.

Can't understand the @davek bashing here. That statement is blatantly designed to, at the very least, lower expectations.

The fact that the funding isn't already secured is alarming.

He is never positive about anything at all......for once can’t we just wait and see what happens.
As far as he and others are concerned, it’s over before it’s begun.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back