New Everton Stadium

Past failed moves have no relevance to this project though. We have far more money at the back of us now than we did previously and that is a fact. In 2015, Bill Kenwright was worth £33m (not sure of the exact figures currently). Farhad Moshiri has a current net worth of £1.8bn and we now have a significant source of extra money from the huge TV deal for Premier League clubs.

We had the likes of Earle and Green on the coat tails of the Kirkby project, and thank god that failed as the Barr design and build job was a cheap nasty concrete jungle.

Kings Dock we had the funds ring fenced apparently and was lost due to Kenwright not having it is his way when Gregg tried to take control. We only needed 30 million to fund it.

Don't be surprised if this move fails, we have form and a falling out between Kenwright and Moshiri could scupper it.

That's not the point being made though. It's a retreat from where we were led to believe we were at. There's nothing there in Elstone's letter that hands you anything tangible. No firm dates on release of designs, no detail on what costs we face, no imminent announcement promised on PP.

It looks for all the world to me and I'm sure others that this is a typical u-turn being prepared.

Or a choreographed move with the Mayor to send a coded message to others on the fringes. As in, "It will happen, but bit of slippage on timescales" Not unusual.

Well lets see. I have some experience in commercial property, less than some on here granted, and as far as I can tell, anyone with any experience in it all have the same broad brush conclusion on whats going on.

Others clamber over old sores without taking their blinkers off.
With respect mate, I and others have had experience over the years of being assured by Evertonians involved in local government and large scale infrastructure developments that we were headed no problem to this and that new stadium, and that all stalling points were run of the mill situations because vested interests would ensure it would get done.

If we'd all read between the lines back then we could have saved ourselves a lot of heartache.

With respect mate, I and others have had experience over the years of being assured by Evertonians involved in local government and large scale infrastructure developments that we were headed no problem to this and that new stadium, and that all stalling points were run of the mill situations because vested interests would ensure it would get done.

If we'd all read between the lines back then we could have saved ourselves a lot of heartache.

Indeed. But the crucial difference in this, imo, is that the vested interests are far bigger than before.

If we had Kenwright/Earl and Green as our backers I would be 100% behind you on that. At the end of the day if it gets very sticky Moshiri will inject the cash needed with alterations to reduce costs (perhaps a smaller capacity?) that will push it through. It would be the easiest way to make the money back.
Yes, perhaps that's it. The scale of the stadium is a contentious issue and the capacity could well be the message here.

I don't understand. Some doom mongers saying Elstone is admitting we have "slipped from the programme", "lowering expectations" or "preparing us for failure". I just can't see it. What he and the owners have probably seen is the complete bunch of Geordie melts half our fans became in summer when we bought a few players, and they are now moving to keep expectations of progress in check and to reassure the fan base that although progress is slow, we are still making progress and we hope to have things tied up in the next 12 months. What has he said to suggest we won't be moving forward with this?

I'm not sure how that statement today can reassure anyone. If there's a code there it's probably S.O.S.
Ill be honest not popping the shampers just yet its a long time away yet. But they had to issue a statement as we were all crying out for one, all be it a little fluffy missing key milestones.

The good thing is it didnt state "oh btw its all gone tits" we are going back down the tesco route.

Every day I realise clearer and clearer that this moshiri is the biggest clown ever to be associated to this club.

This stadium is another one of his hollow promises.

Why can he afford to buy the liver building but not put the same money down to build this clubs future? He's a crook.
Take any sharps off him ffs

First Kirkby scheme at the golf course circa 1997
KD circa 2000-2002
DK circa 2007-2009
WHP circa 2013-2015

...now this next wing and a prayer.

Bollocks Dave and you know it, all those years were before Mosh and we did not have anything like any money and you know it. So what you have written is a load of crap. You were also moaning back then about those destinations.

Currently it is more positive but I do not think you can recognise anything of that nature, you spend your looking for negativity and relishing it. If not Mosh, you were always moaning about BK and before him Johnson, who the F do you want?

If not for Mosh, as I said where would we be now? The way you talk it through we would be in clover, wrong! Mosh coming in is the best thing to happen to this club since Moores. Probably did not like him either.

Bollocks Dave and you know it, all those years were before Mosh and we did not have anything like any money and you know it. So what you have written is a load of crap. You were also moaning back then about those destinations.

Currently it is more positive but I do not think you can recognise anything of that nature, you spend your looking for negativity and relishing it. If not Mosh, you were always moaning about BK and before him Johnson, who the F do you want?

If not for Mosh, as I said where would we be now? The way you talk it through we would be in clover, wrong! Mosh coming in is the best thing to happen to this club since Moores. Probably did not like him either.
Your Mosh has done f.a.

Look at where we are; dont listen and believe in fairy stories.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back