New Everton Stadium

You answer your own question there mate. It's not just a matter of date slippage, this is now a can kicked down a road of indeterminate length. It's now just a vague promise to get this sorted out and a note of caution about objections...which are easily seen as convenient get out clauses.

You have missed one of the main points in there Dave, it cannot be of indeterminable length. It is in a contract that it can't be like that. The reason they have a float in the contract if up to 4 weeks is to allow for normal design considerations. Any further than the float and there has to be a financially responsible company/person/persons. If Everton were just stringing a company along, they would be liable for all their additional costs. It would be an unthinkable position to be in. If the job had been kaiboshed, as you seem to think it has, or is in the process of being so, why on earth would they continue paying for something they are never going to get? It is beyond all reason.

What possible reason would any of the other individuals involved have for continuing any kind of charade 'Just' to pull the wool over our eyes? You have inferred on many occasions that 'they' don't give a shiny one about 'us' but seem to think it would be normal for them to spend an absolute fortune just so we're not mightily annoyed.

Your Mosh has done f.a.

Look at where we are; dont listen and believe in fairy stories.

Dave why don't you think about where we would have been if he had not turned up, BK rules is that what you wanted?

So Mosh has done sweet f. a. - clear a pile of debt, finances lot better, things moving no matter how slowly for a new stadium guess that is f. a.

Fairy stories good one, what are they - new stadium? players? ?????????????????

I want what is best for the club, I do not care how that is achieved as long as it is, I will not as you do take every opportunity to knock things down but I will criticise where needed, I am not a rubber mat!

Gregg Family paid the money for Bill to buy into Everton and he still chased them out of town. The old Everton journalist friends have recently stuck the knife into Moshiri's rule and decisions.

Don't be surprised if Bill tries to regain control.

That would be a disaster of nuclear proportions, he has no money and never will have so IMO will not happen.

Hope so mate.

I think one of the other posters implied this might be a way of preparing fans for a much reduced stadium capacity....the Elstone comment about costs and inflation etc.

Maybe a 45,000-50,000 capacity plan they'll work to and this today has been released to give context to any such decision.

Time will tell. But that announcement today wasn't just an update.

Just incase this is me, I personally don't think it will have a reduced capacity, however if in the doomsday scenario we struggle to get the funding something would be done to ensure we move to the docks. If this involves a cheaper option that will be taken. We will get to play at BM.

You have missed one of the main points in there Dave, it cannot be of indeterminable length. It is in a contract that it can't be like that. The reason they have a float in the contract if up to 4 weeks is to allow for normal design considerations. Any further than the float and there has to be a financially responsible company/person/persons. If Everton were just stringing a company along, they would be liable for all their additional costs. It would be an unthinkable position to be in. If the job had been kaiboshed, as you seem to think it has, or is in the process of being so, why on earth would they continue paying for something they are never going to get? It is beyond all reason.

What possible reason would any of the other individuals involved have for continuing any kind of charade 'Just' to pull the wool over our eyes? You have inferred on many occasions that 'they' don't give a shiny one about 'us' but seem to think it would be normal for them to spend an absolute fortune just so we're not mightily annoyed.
Who are you talking about here as the injured party, Peel?

Dave why don't you think about where we would have been if he had not turned up, BK rules is that what you wanted?

So Mosh has done sweet f. a. - clear a pile of debt, finances lot better, things moving no matter how slowly for a new stadium guess that is f. a.

Fairy stories good one, what are they - new stadium? players? ?????????????????

I want what is best for the club, I do not care how that is achieved as long as it is, I will not as you do take every opportunity to knock things down but I will criticise where needed, I am not a rubber mat!
You've fallen for a slick presentation.

"Cleared" debt? Shifted it to himself - Everton now owe him. It hasn't vanished. There's no fairy Godmother here.

New stadium? What new stadium? It's an abstraction.

New players? We always got new players with the sale of existing players. Plus ca change.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back