New Everton Stadium

Can you imagine Suntan Bob wheeling in an oversized cake into the AGM and Moshiri blowing out a candle opens the mechanism to reveal Meis dressed as a bunny girl with a scale replica of the new stadium. Blue Bill is squealing like a school girl at boy band show whilst Joe Anderson spits out the pie crust he's gutsing on to exclaim, "It's a stadium for ants?"

Otherwise how about saying nowt and letting deadlines pass without comment and the occasional non-announcement that say nothing.

I think that might be the only two options available.

No, there's certainly no animosity mate.

On the above points:

The Liver Building was a part-purchase and gets maximum positive publicity. It probably didn't set him back that much and it's exactly the type of feelgood purchase that would make blues have an air of confidence about his long term plans here. It was strategic.

The stadium finance for those other clubs you mention are un-relatable to us: they have massive commercial strength and can easily bear the strain of repayment.

But we weren't trying to stay at GP at 35k before Moshiri. His tilt at moving is only the latest in a long line, and tbf the last one at kirkby was a signature from the sec of state away from reality. Let's not see Moshiri as any different until he proves otherwise.

The Kirkby jobbo was nothing to do with Mosh, it was down to poverty stricken BK who was looking for a subsidised tie up with Tesco so imcomparable. As for being the last in a long line at least he has a good bit more about him finance wise than the previous lot.
Give him a chance Dave, say 12 month!

The point you are claiming about the Liver Building as a strategic purchase does not wash with me, as I stated he would have known nothing about it if he had not bought into Everton, so for me there is a much concrete link to the new stadium however it could also be down to business acumen, give it a few years and resell!

Interesting point that.
If it's too big, we're going to look like drongoes every time we're on TV - the West Ham of the NW
If it's too small, there is going to be a lot of snarling

However it's got to be built first and with Elstone already making noises about rising costs, I ain't holding my breath

56/57k feels about right for us.

As others have said, that is a ‘concerning’ update, but surely after all our other failed stadium moves, they simply cannot blow this one, they just can’t come out once again in a year or two and say the move is off the deal has collapsed.

We’ve waited long enough, I’m ok waiting a little longer, but if this was to fail I would expect every person involved (lead by Elstone) to clear their desks out and leave our club.

Kenwright, Woods & Elstone should've left after Destination Kirkby bit the dust. There was also the embarrassment of Everton Place. BMD has quietly slipped from 2021 to at least 2022. Elstone is front & centre on this because the current directors want to distance themselves from its inevitable collapse in 2019

No mate. Dont try that trick.

Here's what's been happening in this thread: you've been insisting that Moshiri has transformed this club and I've questioned that notion, then you lash out because you cant get everyone to see the Emperors new clothes you think are so splendid.

Rebuttal? Rebuttal to what? Put something tangible here to rebut. "Moshiri has pumped £150M into the club". No. Moshiri has bought club stock and he's bought up debt to allow the stadium bonanza he'll profit from to proceed (while handing a £500M long term millstone around the club's neck) which he'll later convert into more club stock.

He's speculating to accumulate on infrastructure. That infrastructure will only bear fruit for us in the very long term...and that's if nothing disastrous on-field intervenes in the VERY long period of debt repayment he and his cohorts are agreeing to.

So that's his plan. Meantime we struggle with a continuation of a sell to buy policy and his ham-fisted managerial choices that's put us in the 'kin toilet.

Well done "Mosh".

I suggest you take the advice I offered to another one of your fellow travellers earlier: stop worshipping false Gods. I really thought Evertonians had more sense after the list of utter bellends at boardroom level that have traipsed through this club in the last couple of decades or more.

Net spend of £54.2m in the summer suggests otherwise. In 2016/17 we had a net spend of over £22m. Since Moshiri arrived he has provided an £80m interest free loan to clear the debt and has also had to pay off 2 managers and their backroom staff. He didn't appoint Martinez, Koeman ended a failure, but Allardyce was a short term appointment which will have paid off this season if we don't go down and he actually turned the situation around in a month.

Net spend of £54.2m in the summer suggests otherwise. In 2016/17 we had a net spend of over £22m. Since Moshiri arrived he has provided an £80m interest free loan to clear the debt and has also had to pay off 2 managers and their backroom staff. He didn't appoint Martinez, Koeman ended a failure, but Allardyce was a short term appointment which will have paid off this season if we don't go down and he actually turned the situation around in a month.
The two seasons before Moshiri tipped up we had net spends of £30M and £27M. So much for the massive change in spending.

The debt isn't cleared, it's shifted and it's still owed.

Interesting point that.
If it's too big, we're going to look like drongoes every time we're on TV - the West Ham of the NW
If it's too small, there is going to be a lot of snarling

However it's got to be built first and with Elstone already making noises about rising costs, I ain't holding my breath

I don't get why people are bothered about having empty seats. Attendances fluctuate over time anyway. It should be set to only sell out for the big games.

The two seasons before Moshiri tipped up we had net spends of £30M and £27M. So much for the massive change in spending.

The debt isn't cleared, it's shifted and it's still owed.

Fair point if the first line is true, however you fail to acknowledge all the other money that Moshiri has given to the club/paid out since arriving. No acknowledgement that he has had to pay out to get rid of 2 managers.

You're painting the debt situation in a negative light though and not sure how. Are you trying to say that giving us an interest free loan isn't a positive and we are in no way better off from him having provided that?

No mate. Dont try that trick.

Here's what's been happening in this thread: you've been insisting that Moshiri has transformed this club and I've questioned that notion, then you lash out because you cant get everyone to see the Emperors new clothes you think are so splendid.

Rebuttal? Rebuttal to what? Put something tangible here to rebut. "Moshiri has pumped £150M into the club". No. Moshiri has bought club stock and he's bought up debt to allow the stadium bonanza he'll profit from to proceed (while handing a £500M long term millstone around the club's neck) which he'll later convert into more club stock.

He's speculating to accumulate on infrastructure. That infrastructure will only bear fruit for us in the very long term...and that's if nothing disastrous on-field intervenes in the VERY long period of debt repayment he and his cohorts are agreeing to.

So that's his plan. Meantime we struggle with a continuation of a sell to buy policy and his ham-fisted managerial choices that's put us in the 'kin toilet.

Well done "Mosh".

I suggest you take the advice I offered to another one of your fellow travellers earlier: stop worshipping false Gods. I really thought Evertonians had more sense after the list of utter bellends at boardroom level that have traipsed through this club in the last couple of decades or more.

“Moshiri has bought club stock”

Nope

“Meantime we struggle with a continuation of a sell to buy policy”

Nope

No wonder you almost exclusively don’t post anything but your opinion because what you say is often totally incorrect.

Fair point if the first line is true, however you fail to acknowledge all the other money that Moshiri has given to the club/paid out since arriving. No acknowledgement that he has had to pay out to get rid of 2 managers.

You're painting the debt situation in a negative light though and not sure how. Are you trying to say that giving us an interest free loan isn't a positive and we are in no way better off from him having provided that?
Paying off and hiring managers is nothing new for this club. And he made the Koeman mistake in the first instance. The interest free loan was to shift the club debt in-house in order that the stadium scheme could go ahead to a planning stage. The dept will be paid back to him.

The cash spent so far on players and paying for managerial changes will have been taken care of by outgoings and the extra tv cash we've seen since Moshiri arrived.

It's hard to see what he's done in order to sustain any claim that "nothing will be the same".

Paying off and hiring managers is nothing new for this club. And he made the Koeman mistake in the first instance. The interest free loan was to shift the club debt in-house in order that the stadium scheme could go ahead to a planning stage. The dept will be paid back to him.

The cash spent so far on players and paying for managerial changes will have been taken care of by outgoings and the extra tv cash we've seen since Moshiri arrived.

It's hard to see what he's done in order to sustain any claim that "nothing will be the same".

tbf Dave he was correct with the "nothing will be the same" logo, it's got bloody worse!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back