New Everton Stadium

tbf Dave he was correct with the "nothing will be the same" logo, it's got bloody worse!
Ha Ha. Exactly.

Ok, we'd fallen to midtable under RM, but we still had silverware within touch, we were playing with more intent than we are now, we had the aura of a club that was still capable of getting in amongst the elite again (even if it required a change of manager). Now after 21 months of this feller we are an absolute laughing stock with a complete disaster of a manager behind us and the total waste of the Stones and Lukaku cash and then some.

He's helped floor us. His era has been marked by our decline.

Imagine if you had to post factual accuracies every time in every post and your computer / phone checked the veracity of the content before it posted.

I reckon @The Esk 's house would be like an EMP had hit it by 11am
Apparently you now have to have all posts peer-reviewed by a committee of fact finders.

It's a massive leap forward.

Ha Ha. Exactly.

Ok, we'd fallen to midtable under RM, but we still had silverware within touch, we were playing with more intent than we are now, we had the aura of a club that was still capable of getting in amongst the elite again (even if it required a change of manager). Now after 21 months of this feller we are an absolute laughing stock with a complete disaster of a manager behind us and the total waste of the Stones and Lukaku cash and then some.

Yep, other folk have mentioned but it's all been a little bit QPR/Leeds and there seems to be no plan of action on how we are going to play, it's a scattergun transfer system which hasn't worked and the managerial appointments have been rank average at best

The stadium imo he simply has to get right.

Ha Ha. Exactly.

lol

2 consecutive 11th placed league finishes where we earned a pitiful 47 points twice and you're claiming that. Also, any RS lurkers on here will have more ammunition for their tedious 'winning without winning' jibes as you celebrate failed semi final appearances as some sort of success.

How do you work out that we were playing with more intent? Do you call getting absolutely taken apart by the RS where they had 37 shots to our 3 with 0 shots on target intent?

Have you forgotten the embarrassment of that 3-0 beating that woeful Sunderland side gave us where our fanbase mustered up our worst away following (approx 750) for decades as everyone was utterly demoralised at what we'd become.

Keep on with your re-writing of history if you want but it's simply not true.

Paying off and hiring managers is nothing new for this club. And he made the Koeman mistake in the first instance. The interest free loan was to shift the club debt in-house in order that the stadium scheme could go ahead to a planning stage. The dept will be paid back to him.

The cash spent so far on players and paying for managerial changes will have been taken care of by outgoings and the extra tv cash we've seen since Moshiri arrived.

It's hard to see what he's done in order to sustain any claim that "nothing will be the same".

And how do we pay for things like player wages then? In 16-17 we had the 7th highest wage bill in the League.

Increased player wages, multiple £20m+ signings, providing the finance to pay off the loan, increased net spend and paying off 2 managers, one of which he didn't appoint weren't all provided for by the TV cash was it...

The two seasons before Moshiri tipped up we had net spends of £30M and £27M. So much for the massive change in spending.

The debt isn't cleared, it's shifted and it's still owed.
I presume that this debt will only be cleared when/ if he sells up and the price for the new buyer includes paying off that debt.*

If Moshiri managed to buy the entire club, I then expect the debt to disappear by exactly the amount he could write off every accounting period he could do it, or stay until what time he divested himself of the club.

I would also presume that Moshiri will keep the debt in place until either of the above scenarios are in place as currently someone else owes him (or is responsible for) 50+% (the other shareholder of the club) of that debt.

*thinking about it, there may be other strange scenarios where this debt is used for avoiding tax even if not sold. Imagine buying a club with debt, and then writing off your tax burdens on paying that loan back as part of your business costs. Far sharper minds than me could know how to finagle that without getting themselves onto Panorama.

Anyway, back on track, where's the stadium announcement?

lol

2 consecutive 11th placed league finishes where we earned a pitiful 47 points twice and you're claiming that. Also, any RS lurkers on here will have more ammunition for their tedious 'winning without winning' jibes as you celebrate failed semi final appearances as some sort of success.

How do you work out that we were playing with more intent? Do you call getting absolutely taken apart by the RS where they had 37 shots to our 3 with 0 shots on target intent?

Have you forgotten the embarrassment of that 3-0 beating that woeful Sunderland side gave us where our fanbase mustered up our worst away following (approx 750) for decades as everyone was utterly demoralised at what we'd become.

Keep on with your re-writing of history if you want but it's simply not true.
I haven't forgotten we reached two SFs that season and annihilated at Goodison a decent Chelsea team and that we were only robbed in a LC SF by a terrible decision that would have chalked off one of their goals. And I dont forget that the season fell apart after Moshiri arrived and we went into freefall in the final 11 games in the PL.

I'm glad I'm here to remind you of those inconvenient truths.

This organisation right now after 21 months of Moshiri has been hollowed out and is in danger of becoming a standing joke for the terrible football we play and the calamitous decision making of our owners.

Now THAT is a change that's been made.

I haven't forgotten we reached two SFs that season and annihilated at Goodison a decent Chelsea team and that we were only robbed in a LC SF by a terrible decision that would have chalked off one of their goals. And I dont forget that the season fell apart after Moshiri arrived and we went into freefall in the final 11 games in the PL.

I'm glad I'm here to remind you of those inconvenient truths.

This organisation right now after 21 months of Moshiri has been hollowed out and is in danger of becoming a standing joke for the terrible football we play and the calamitous decision making of our owners.

Now THAT is a change that's been made.

Afternoon Dave glad to see you have recovered from your new year celebrations and are back in fine form.

Can you clarify in what way has it been "hollowed" out?

And how do we pay for things like player wages then? In 16-17 we had the 7th highest wage bill in the League.

Increased player wages, multiple £20m+ signings, providing the finance to pay off the loan, increased net spend and paying off 2 managers, one of which he didn't appoint weren't all provided for by the TV cash was it...
The club revenue from the PL tv deal went from £83M the summer before to £125M this summer.

THAT's how the shortfall between outgoings and incoming player trading and wages was taken care of.

But continue to believe Moshiri is a benefactor if you wish.

Afternoon Dave glad to see you have recovered from your new year celebrations and are back in fine form.

Can you clarify in what way has it been "hollowed" out?
We are short of a football infrastructure now where we had one in place under Martinez/Kenwright. The whole football side of things from first team to young kids was all done the with the same seamless approach in regards to what was required stylistically. That has been wrecked. The club under Kenwright was at least coherent in it's transfer policy also. Now we have an utter mess with no discipline and other clubs see that and take the absolute piss. And we have a terrible deterioration in our PR.

In short: this is a mess now. We have no clear identity or chain of command. We look weak and divided and all over the place.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back