Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

I'm just going on past experience, which is all we have to go on.

we have history in failed ground moves.

3 times.

It's flawed logic. We now have the backing of someone with a worth of £1.8bn plus increased money from the Premier League TV deal, whereas previously we were relying on the funds of a Chairman with a worth of below £40m.

It's like saying that City or Chelsea would never go on to win anything after their takeovers because past history suggests that they haven't won a title for years and years. Circumstances change and ours have certainly changed since the previous failed ground moves.

we haven't got any funding for it. straight out of Elstones mouth that.

Yeah right oh, which is why he ended that piece with;

“Our target is the opening game of the 2022-23 season, be assured that all or our efforts will go into meeting this challenging but achievable target”

Yeah not a snowballs chance in hell mate

It's flawed logic. We now have the backing of someone with a worth of £1.8bn plus increased money from the Premier League TV deal, whereas previously we were relying on the funds of a Chairman with a worth of below £40m.

It's like saying that City or Chelsea would never go on to win anything after their takeovers because past history suggests that they haven't won a title for years and years. Circumstances change and ours have certainly changed since the previous failed ground moves.

I think its safe to say the regimes that took over both Chelsea AND city are nothing like our new part owner.

they are true to their word and are ambitious to win things, as has been proven.

Well said mate.

I think its safe to say the regimes that took over both Chelsea AND city are nothing like our new part owner.

they are true to their word and are ambitious to win things, as has been proven.

You are correct in your first sentence but that is not my point. My point is that Everton Football Club now have significantly increased financial backing going in to this project, than we did in failed moves. That is a fact.

Hmmm...Abramovich took over a Chelsea side that was already winning trophies and had way more money than Moshiri had when everyone else had less. Man city were taken over in 2008 but did not win a trophy 2011. That post smacks of trying to arrange facts to suit your narrative.

The fact is most level headed Evertonians understood this takeover wasn't going to propell us to conquering all before us but would give us a chance to compete and not get left behind. It is clear we have been trying but not landing targets we wanted and being wasteful in other areas. Chelsea and City also had to go through something similar, if it was all about throwing money around the RS would have won a premier league title by now.

Hmmm...Abramovich took over a Chelsea side that was already winning trophies and had way more money than Moshiri had when everyone else had less. Man city were taken over in 2008 but did not win a trophy 2011. That post smacks of trying to arrange facts to suit your narrative.

The fact is most level headed Evertonians understood this takeover wasn't going to propell us to conquering all before us but would give us a chance to compete and not get left behind. It is clear we have been trying but not landing targets we wanted and being wasteful in other areas. Chelsea and City also had to go through something similar, if it was all about throwing money around the RS would have won a premier league title by now.

moshiri has not improved us in the single most important part of the club, the boardroom, which will be his massive un-doing.

@davek

As a qualified accountant with 30 years experience can I just point out the "we could have spent all that money without Moshiri" argument is financially illiterate bollocks.

Since he arrived we have spent NET £100m (taking account of Stones & Lukaku) in transfers (including Tosun) funded primarily by Moshiri injecting a further £70m (that we know of) on top of the initial £80m to clear the external debt. This can all be seen clearly from the audited financial statements and the note on post balance sheet events.

Our underlying P&L only benefits by c. £20m p.a. NET from the new TV deal as >£40m revenue increase is offset by wage increases, staff increases (significantly higher coaching & commercial staff levels than before for example), inflationary cost rises and reduced ticket revenues from better pricing. All of this is this is clear from the audited financial statements and other reported events. Even factoring in new sponsorships revenue growth is nowhere near enough to fund the transfer activity we are seeing. That is before even thinking about the money spent on improvements to Goodison, the investment in land acquisition and pre-planning activities for BMD.

Our increased expenditure is largely down to Moshiri not the new TV deal for better or worse.

His judgement may be bad on people (Koeman, Walsh) and his long-term motives may or may not be pure but the simple fact is he has put his money (or at least somebody's money, for the Usmanov conspiracy theorists!) where his mouth is. I have my personal doubts about his approach and objectives but the "fraud" shouts do not reflect reality unless he turns around and demands his money back...and there is simply no indication that is his intention.

With so much of his money now committed he needs the stadium built and the club to be more successful to exit if he so wishes 5-10 years from now with a sizeable profit. No other path sees him do anything other than lose lots of money.

As a qualified accountant with 30 years experience can I just point out the "we could have spent all that money without Moshiri" argument is financially illiterate bollocks.

Since he arrived we have spent NET £100m (taking account of Stones & Lukaku) in transfers (including Tosun) funded primarily by Moshiri injecting a further £70m (that we know of) on top of the initial £80m to clear the external debt. This can all be seen clearly from the audited financial statements and the note on post balance sheet events.

Our underlying P&L only benefits by c. £20m p.a. NET from the new TV deal as >£40m revenue increase is offset by wage increases, staff increases (significantly higher coaching & commercial staff levels than before for example), inflationary cost rises and reduced ticket revenues from better pricing. All of this is this is clear from the audited financial statements and other reported events. Even factoring in new sponsorships revenue growth is nowhere near enough to fund the transfer activity we are seeing. That is before even thinking about the money spent on improvements to Goodison, the investment in land acquisition and pre-planning activities for BMD.

Our increased expenditure is largely down to Moshiri not the new TV deal for better or worse.

His judgement may be bad on people (Koeman, Walsh) and his long-term motives may or may not be pure but the simple fact is he has put his money (or at least somebody's money, for the Usmanov conspiracy theorists!) where his mouth is. I have my personal doubts about his approach and objectives but the "fraud" shouts do not reflect reality unless he turns around and demands his money back...and there is simply no indication that is his intention.

With so much of his money now committed he needs the stadium built and the club to be more successful to exit if he so wishes 5-10 years from now with a sizeable profit. No other path sees him do anything other than lose lots of money.
Bingo

I agree with your conclusion, but you basically contradict yourself in that post.

Chelsea and City were taken over with a view to making them dominant forces in domestic and European football, but as you say yourself, that doesn't seem to be the case with our takeover. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm not complaining, but it makes the point you're trying to refute correct. The situations are completely different, so trying to compare simply doesn't work.

Thank you for presenting a coherent review of the financial aspect of the club and Moshiri, I have been trying to get a similar message across in many of my posts but not in so much detail. I am accountancy trained but never actually seen the club's accounts so had to draw from OP's information. Hope Davek wakes up now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back