New Everton Stadium

Dave,
I suggested to you the other day to hold your water on this kind of nonsense statement - you're making yourself look increasingly daft and next week will see that opinion confirmed.

Did you listen to the recent podcast from the Echo? The capacity was discussed there. And I can easily see the figures they mention of around 50,000 to be the case. that last Elstone statement prepared the ground for a decision on that basis.

I'm sure when/if it is announced there will be plenty of talk of "upwards of 55,000" like...what with the (whispered at this stage) possibility of safe standing areas to come.

I take it you are nailing your colours to the mast on a 60,000 seat stadium announcement in the future then?

I don't really comment here on the stadium as I am not sure anyone on here has any ideas and supposed ITKs have been shown to be not so much. I do think we should know at least what the planned capacity is, I think it will be below the RS and some on here are obsessed with having a larger capacity than them so no announcement means no fume. Sadly, all very familiar for anyone who has followed us and our new stadium woes over the years.

I honestly would be happy with a 50000 seater, the way football is going, id rather have a full 50000, than do a City and have empty seats all over the place

I can see the logic in that however I would hope to see in the plans when revealed scope for some expansion and increase in capacity. At BMD at least we will not be in the situation of our neighbours making life a misery for the local residents for some 20 years.

I think they initially were thinking 50k imo, but the season ticket list & waiting list changed their views. The architect hinted at 60k also.

Did you listen to the recent podcast from the Echo? The capacity was discussed there. And I can easily see the figures they mention of around 50,000 to be the case. that last Elstone statement prepared the ground for a decision on that basis.

I'm sure when/if it is announced there will be plenty of talk of "upwards of 55,000" like...what with the (whispered at this stage) possibility of safe standing areas to come.

I take it you are nailing your colours to the mast on a 60,000 seat stadium announcement in the future then?
Apart from stating the date of the SPV announcement back in March, I don't think the Echo have proven themselves particularly informed on any of the stadium detail have they Dave? Think they are speculating just like many of us, whilst a few on here seem fairly confident they are wrong. LFC have had a bigger capacity than us for quite a while now so whats the difference? 3000 or 10000, theirs would still be bigger. Big imposing stadium would be fantastic but 61878, 55,000 or 50,000....Not that fussed so long at it is on that waterfront (ideally with room to expand should the capacity need to be a bit lower.)

Apart from stating the date of the SPV announcement back in March, I don't think the Echo have proven themselves particularly informed on any of the stadium detail have they Dave? Think they are speculating just like many of us, whilst a few on here seem fairly confident they are wrong. LFC have had a bigger capacity than us for quite a while now so whats the difference? 3000 or 10000, theirs would still be bigger. Big imposing stadium would be fantastic but 61878, 55,000 or 50,000....Not that fussed so long at it is on that waterfront (ideally with room to expand should the capacity need to be a bit lower.)
It matters because the (apparent) reason for building this stadium was to use it as a facility-led recovery of the club to commercial success again.

Quite obviously more capacity can earn more. The club aren't Juventus or other elite clubs choosing to build small-to-medium who can charge sky high pricing for corporate seats.

It was one signature away from a reality.

It would have been a concrete jungle. Barr who was the contractor took it on as a design and build job.

Lets just say they got things done at a saving.

At least currently we have a renowned architect doing the design so a cheap and cheerful stadium should not be the case like the Kirkby one.

Just wondering, with the recent talk of rising costs etc we would look to make a saving by having a reduced capacity as to what was originally planned. The original scheme might have been for 60k but we will reduce that due to spiralling costs to the region of 50k.

We seem to have moved on a step here regarding the stadium.

The fact that the stadium is going ahead seems to have at last finally been conceded and the next battleground is capacity.
Anything less than 60k will be seized on by some as a lack of ambition, lack of investment by Moshiri, lack of ....

If the stadium does hit the 60k mark, the argument in my opinion will then move to lack of imagination in design, lack of funding....and repeat.

The stadium will eventually open and then we will move onto.. lack of atmosphere.

For this reason, I generally only read the posts of people who appear to have some knowledge and understanding of what is happening.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back