Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Barr did the design for it as well.

It would have been awful.

Yeah, D&B contract. Think you mentioned it after the post I quoted. Barr have most experience in retail and factory builds, it would have been genuinely horrific. That explains why they had a contractor on board though, it wasn't necessarily any further forward than BM is now.

I can understand, with past experience, why people are quick to point the finger at the board for any spiralling costs etc, but there are plenty more people involved in this project than just the club and it's subsidiaries. We should look for similarities in what has happened at Spurs before we point the finger too accusingly. IMO

I can understand, with past experience, why people are quick to point the finger at the board for any spiralling costs etc, but there are plenty more people involved in this project than just the club and it's subsidiaries. We should look for similarities in what has happened at Spurs before we point the finger too accusingly. IMO
One of the very few beacons of sanity in a thread rammed to the gills with guff, hearsay and outright bollocks. Thank you for your continued patience and contributions.

I often drive down the A12 and past Colchester United's Barr designed and built stadium that is right on the edge of the carriage way. And every time I see it I thank my lucky stars that Kirkby fell through.

known as one of the worst grounds for atmosphere, completely soulless, out on a retail park by the motorway with no pubs or any thing around it!

Can anyone explain to me how Hull City managed to get their 'matchday revenue' up to £16m last season? I'm not referring to the breakdown in figures which appears to be £8m gate receipts and £8m "other", but I mean how did they get this £8m other? This is from the Swiss Ramble on Twitter and 2 of the charts they put up seem to contradict themselves as one has us below Hull with our figure being £14m, theirs £16m. The other has ours at £18m and theirs still at £16m.

#EFC gate receipts dropped 20% to £14m, due to further season ticket price reductions and early exits from domestic cup competitions (they reached the semi-finals of both the FA and League Cups the previous season). For some perspective, this is around £50m less than #LFC.

Although gate receipts were only 10% higher at £8m, #hcafc other match day quadrupled from £2m to £8m, giving total match day of £16m, up £7m (75%). This was despite fewer games, so presumably is due to growth in corporate spend.

Seems odd that Hull's other match day revenue went from £2m to £8m 'due to growth in corporate spend'. Obviously it's embarrasing from our perspective that they can even get near our matchday revenue but even some other clubs below them on the chart would be surprised by that. Like Leicester with only £12m despite being title winners the season before.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back