Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

This question has probably already been answered but how are LCC funding 2/3 of the stadium.
are they going guarantor on a massive bank loan?
are they lending the money straight to EFC?
Are they directly financing and there fore owning 2/3 of the stadium?
If it's the third option, I dont see this getting past planning.

I could be completely wrong but my assumption based on tonight is that the Council will still be providing the funding in the same way that they always were - via the SPV, which is why Joe Anderson is maintaining it is such a good deal for all involved like he was months ago. I suspect that when Everton got the council on board initially, we pitched the idea to them with a rough estimate of £300m for a 50-55,000 Capacity Stadium and the club have now realised that since they want a bigger Capacity closer to 60,000, plus other unforseen costs, it is going to cost a lot more - presumably this £450m being quoted.

Therefore I am guessing that EFC will have to find the extra money and that is what is slowing things down. And for me that is the slightly worrying aspect. However, we are way further down the line than we've ever been and have a Billionaire at the back of us, the TV Money, have the land agreement and LCC on board so I expect that everything will go ahead as planned, just not as quickly as we had hoped.

This question has probably already been answered but how are LCC funding 2/3 of the stadium.
are they going guarantor on a massive bank loan?
are they lending the money straight to EFC?
Are they directly financing and there fore owning 2/3 of the stadium?
If it's the third option, I dont see this getting past planning.

Deffo not direct funding. Councils borrow money for projects all the time, at cheap rates. That will be the base of it. How it all gets cut and pasted, not a clue.

If they were guarantors, then the money would not be a problem to borrow. I think they want to loan us the money with a more favorable interest payment that suits both parties.

This. Great post. Why anyone thinks any different bewilders me. Lots of scaremongering on here tonight, some posters with hidden agendas or just out to catch some bait.

Of course we aren't getting 300milion of tax payers money! And those who say 'how dare the council borrow for a private venture' look at the homeless problem in Liverpool and unemployment?!! Burns my head.

It's a great deal for the city - everyone wins. Unless you're a bitter red.

Who do you reckon would be tendering to be PC mate?

I’d have thought Carillon, Kier, Balfour Beatty, and Laing O’Rourke would be in for it, and probably Sir Alfred McAlpine.

No idea tbh. I doubt Carillion will be on the list though, they might not see the years end if they carry on like they are.

500 million :Blink: no chance it's happening. We could barely afford the repayments plus investment into the squad when we had a relatively small amount of debt. How can we afford half a billion ? Our match day revenue is less than hulls ffs

Mosh is gonna run off as soon as this is built isn't he? With a huge return on his investment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back