Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Video from Meis: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/01/09/dan-meis

Architect Dan Meis revealed he has fallen “in love” with Everton and said the Club’s “vision” and strong identity will allow him to design a stadium at Bramley Moore Dock that will be “a model for football the world over.”

The American also declared his number one priority is maintaining what he described as “the magic of Goodison”, and building a “fan-first, football-first” home for “every Evertonian and for generations of their families”.

California-based Meis addressed supporters in a video shown at Tuesday night’s General Meeting, where Everton CEO Robert Elstone provided the latest stadium update.

“It’s an incredibly exciting time for us,” said Meis, whose past designs include LA’s Staples Center and the Paul Brown Stadium, home of NFL’s Cincinnati Bengals. “I know there’s been a lot of anticipation about seeing the building coming along. We have done some work and I think 2018 is going to be a very exciting year for all of us as the project moves forward.

“I think people have heard me say many times that it’s pretty unusual for me to start a project with the kind of vision and brief that the Club provided for us.

“That was one of the reasons why I was first excited about the project, then I fell in love with the Club and Goodison, and it’s become a really unusual, very passionate project for me, and I think a career-defining one.

“That kind of strong vision about who the Club is, and who the community is, I have no doubt will create a unique building that will be a model for football the world over.”

As part of design planning, Meis, whose team have also created a stadium concept for Serie A giants AS Roma, has made numerous trips to the city of Liverpool and to Goodison Park.

And the man charged with inventing a showpiece waterfront venue for the Blues understands that capturing the essence of Everton and its current home is a fundamental part of the project.

“I think one of the most unique things about it, about the Club, is the notion of the The People’s Club,” he said. “In this case, that is translating into the architecture.

“You can’t see a game at Goodison and not understand how powerful the fans are to the outcome of the game and the support of the team. There’s no better home pitch advantage than a building like Goodison, and that fan-first attitude, and football-first attitude, has been at the core of everything we’re doing in looking at the early concept designs.

“I’ve been to Liverpool a number of times throughout the project and had the opportunity to meet [Evertonians] face-to-face. Again, there’s been this consistent. It would be easy for people to be sceptical or critical but everyone is excited and everyone has really been supportive in bringing true passion and ideas to it.

“That’s what makes this unique - it’s not just a building for a football club, it’s a home for every one of those people and for generations of their families.

“You look at Goodison and there are memories in that building that you can’t replace. I think the thing we think about most every day is to not lose that - the magic of Goodison… that history and the magic of the experience that people remember over years is something we want to bring to any new building.

“We’ve seen a lot of new buildings become very large, bloated and modern - yes; exciting - yes; spectacular - yes; but losing the intimacy and power of the experience of sitting as close to the pitch and as on top of the players as you can get. That has been the vision for the ultimate building.

“We have this incredible site on the river and the opportunity to do something that’s architecturally iconic and bring those two things together.

“I think we have the opportunity to do something that hasn’t been done in any of the new buildings in the Premier League, and that’s a really incredible opportunity.”

Another cracker of a comment from RAWK:

Right now everything is being plucked from the air. The council would be taking a huge gamble paying for a stadium for a club who just aren't guaranteed to be in the league for the next 3 years, let alone the next 50 (which is what Moshface said would take to pay it of)

Can anyone remind me who has played the most seasons in England’s top flight, have the 2nd current longest run without being relegated and one of a group of 6 teams to never be outside the Premier League?

They are truly hilarious. I know you’re reading this, too, lurking, so I want answers from you cretins. :bye:

500 million :Blink: no chance it's happening. We could barely afford the repayments plus investment into the squad when we had a relatively small amount of debt. How can we afford half a billion ? Our match day revenue is less than hulls ffs

Mosh is gonna run off as soon as this is built isn't he? With a huge return on his investment.

Which is why we are building a new stadium... ;)

500 million :Blink: no chance it's happening. We could barely afford the repayments plus investment into the squad when we had a relatively small amount of debt. How can we afford half a billion ? Our match day revenue is less than hulls ffs

Mosh is gonna run off as soon as this is built isn't he? With a huge return on his investment.
Makes no different to the repayments as he isn't using his money.
Why are people caring if Moshiri sells up?

Could easily get £50 million over 10 years imo, more likely pushing £80-100 million.

Think they might get more honestly. Arsenal got 150M 6 or 7 years ago. You better believe Usmanov will be more than happy to fork up well more than that to be the main sponsor on a stadium of that magnitude in that location. Obviously, it would be better if we were a bit more competitive.

Sorry to be negative but this new stadium fails when Everton can’t deliver the finance required.

Strange that there are still major question marks over finance when our bank roller is a billionaire and has gone on record that finance is not a problem.

Asked what the capacity of Everton’s proposed new stadium should be, Kenwright replied: “Gosh, for me, the minimum would be 55,000 seats.”

Weren't there loads on here falling for the Echo's 50K Capacity hints last week, despite the Echo not having a clue about the new Stadium (may change now after Moshiri's comments last night)?

They got their usual craved negative ammunition to slate the club, despite Elstone saying for ages that we are aiming for a bold and ambitious capacity, and Kenwrights latest comments seem to have proven them wrong.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back