Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

You dislike Mosh, why? Oh he has not chucked billions into the club is that? He has not got that kind of cash for heavens sake. If he had not come in to our club where would we be right now under BK? There was no one else around to get into our club.

most fans seem to forget FFP stops this happening anymore. Chelski and City pulled it off because they did it before FFP came in

[QUOTE=" There was no one else around to get into our club.[/QUOTE]

This is also a concern for me, a race to the bottom as far as getting an investor in as long as he/she is "rich". Also, as has been said if it is such a good thing to invest in why cant we get any private investors ?

But that wasn't the first option. The first option was to have the council set up a SPV to encourage private investors. Plan A was to effectively say to nervous potential investors "look, this is a belt and braces job here, you simply cant lose because the council stands behind this". To move onto Plan B underscores that those overtures to private investors were rebuffed....it's not an option for us anymore.

I'm quite certain Moshiri would be lobbing in £150m of his own money if he thought it was worth while. he very obviously doesn't think its worth the gamble and would rather risk outsiders money than his own.

speaks volumes this. we are not asking him to fund the stadium on his own, not even half of it. but he is unwilling to invest for a reason.

I state nothing of the kind. I simply advocate we cut our losses here and think again. That could be a GP refurbishment (which can be done - despite that idiot CEO's words on the matter), or to find another site with a commercial partner to soften the blow of paying for it.

Stanley park has already passed for planning on one stadium, could that be an alternative option? would a stadium build there be more affordable without having to have such risks burdening the council and everton fc?

Arsenal’s £150 million deal wasn’t a stand alone stadium sponsorship deal it included both shirt sponsorship and stadium sponsorship in one package. The deal which is still in place and runs to 2019 it delivers a grand total of £30 million a season

The issue with Arsenal now is that the belief is that they can’t leave Emirates as no major sponsor will ever be able to dislodge the notion that it’s the Emeriates stadium.

West Ham’s London Stadium can’t generate any offers of substance indeed a deal of £6 million pa was not deliverable when Vodafone were thought to be in discussions.

For me the difficulty that existed getting a high value shirt sponsorship deal is an indication of the sort of stadium deal that will be on offer.

It’s a bit of a chicken and egg for me success on the field has to happen for a stadium deal to be be cost effective but success on the field won’t happen without without huge expansion of the non TV revenue revenue streams
True that.... The Sears Tower in Chicago was renamed the Willis Tower several years ago but everyone still calls it the Sears Tower.

As I aid Dave no way can GP be enlarged to the accommodate the gate stated. What would you like Everton to do, buy GS and screw the residents like our neighbours? How do you think you could get away with PP, think of all the objections. Bearing this in mind how can we play in a ground that is going to need so much work? I get it, you want us to play at Anfield.

As for another site like the alternative that was in no where land and a commercial partner? Oh Tesco again is that it. So Dave where is there a suitable alternative site to BMD, put your money where your typing is. See Dave you come out with this crap with out thinking it through.

You dislike Mosh, why? Oh he has not chucked billions into the club is that? He has not got that kind of cash for heavens sake. If he had not come in to our club where would we be right now under BK? There was no one else around to get into our club.
There are always options for another site if that's what it takes to solve the stadium situation.

GP can be refurbished to 55,000 and take on board local community development with minimum CPOs.

Excellent ! And can you tell us how you came across those figures, as I would have thought the terms of the loan would not be in the public domain
or can you not reveal your sources?

??? Its been widely reported they will make £7m a year on the loan, you said they wouldn't see anything for 5 years. Figure it out from there.

Or it's a better deal and cheaper. Maybe I really don't understand capital markets in England, but why would anyone balk at a council backed debt instrument?

But that's what seems to be happening as private investors are thin on the ground.
And why would a council delivered instrument be LESS advantageous to the club? I'm sorry, but your logic from a financial standpoint seems completely backwards.

It might be advantageous to the club, but does that make it possible to sell to a council and the people they represent?

Time to get real on this now. Too much time and cash has been wasted and we need to draw a line under it.

You both don't seem to understand the deal fully. Everton 'taking' the money from LCC has no impact on the Council's budget for things like services. The Council simply cannot take money in that way in order to improve day to day services like it can for the Stadium Project:

The mayor says the money for Everton would NOT come out of cash earmarked for day-to-day services. "The revenue support grant and council tax pay for services. There are restrictions on what we can do." The mayor says the council simply does not have £300m to lend, so will borrow the money itself at low interest rates. That means, he says, that the loan will not affect existing council services.

What the project will actually do is generate £7m a year for the Council so that they can then use that money on day to day services. Money it wouldn't get otherwise, at a time when council funding from the Government is being reduced massively.

“It will stimulate growth and new business in the Liverpool North Dock area, it will compliment and supplement what we're doing with the Ten Streets scheme to the tune of around £300m in business rates and new business rates coming into the city in 10 years' time. “It will create 10,000 plus jobs, it will accelerate growth, it will bring in investment and it will provide new housing."

So this deal actually gives the City of Liverpool a chance to progress and become revitalised instead of standing still, whilst the Government continues to cut funding year on year. There is always risk associated with any big project and nothing would get done anywhere if people took this frightened attitude, since anyone or anything that has become successful has to take risks at various points. However, the risk people are mentioning appears to be around hypothetical worst case scenarios where even then, the consequences are not certain. Just scaremongering with little evidence to back up the claims.
You can see this , @roydo can see this and many other myself included can see this.
The stadium is merely a catalyst for the bigger prize of the whole docks development.
Docks across the world are being developed to great effect.
They are the only city centre sites that allow for major development.
People have taken big time to working and living by the waterfront.
I can guarantee you that in 10 yrs time Liverpool docks will be totally unrecognisable from what it is today.
One only has to look across the water at Dublin to see what can be achieved.

??? Its been widely reported they will make £7m a year on the loan, you said they wouldn't see anything for 5 years. Figure it out from there.

Oh my word! You don`t believe everything you read in the papers do you ??
The devil will be in the detail ..........

you have been quite vocal in support of this scheme almost from an ITK point of view, what is your current stance on progress as you see it mate?

I think that it is still a very very viable build, one that I would be extremely surprised does not go ahead. I'm at a 9/10 on a scale, but only because I'd not stick a 10 on anything until I was sat in it anyway.

It seems that it has not been as quick as first hoped, but I don't see it as a concern, it's certainly not a doomsday scenario as some do.

In a good few years of being in construction, I can count on one hand the jobs that have been delivered on time. Programmes tend to be written contractually, rather than realistically. They still happen though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back