Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Really depends what they do with ticket prices.
Currently season tickets are on average a fair bit less than £30 a game and GA tickets a fair bit more than £30 a game.

Assuming they stay roughly where they are, say £30 average and the 15k or so new general admission seats are split between season tickets and single tickets then additional revenue from the new seats in a worst case season would be just over £9m.

Corporate income is a complete shot in the dark but an additional £12m-£15m from 5000 or so new seats is my best guess assuming we can sell out.

All complete and utter conjecture mind you..... And yes, no doubt they will sodomise us on ticket prices if that is what is needed to get this to stack up
I suppose what "product" is placed on the pitch will ultimately determine that: whether the team are successful or not. Even now the matchday income of all the so called top 6 dwarfs the mooted £25M. The target has to be looking way beyond that.

I agree with @indieman1 that on a 25 year loan, the council would probably not get better than a 2.6% interest rate meaning that the council would be facing a yearly bill of around £15.24m giving a total for the club of £22.4m per annum just on the council loan. This, of course, assumes that the Office for Debt Management (department of the Treasury) agrees this is a good use of public money, though they have agreed some large loans for unlikely council projects across the country. I'm really not sure what rate for 25 years the club could negotiate, commercially, for the rest of the money.

Been a while since I looked but I vaguely remember that Arsenal and United manage about £100m a season. I think The RS were hoping to get towards 80m with their new stand.

Those figures tend to be aided by another 5-7home games over the likes of us thanks to Europe and domestic cup runs.

We are roughly 20m a season at present. Another £20-£25m on top of that in the 'worst case' no cup games season sounds about right if Elstone is true to his word and things aren't designed primarily around corporate punters.

Puts us a damn sight closer assuming we can get our home game tally to a better place than it has been of late.

Oddly enough, corporate demand is about the only area I can accuse the current board of being realistic on. Given that it funds most other developments that is both galling and peculiar. Very Everton as some would say.

Not sure what some people expect in terms of getting a stadium and how that relates to debt. Of course we will have a big exposure for 2 or 3 decades, that's how you buy a new home. That exposure in real terms is scary but so long as affordable year on year payments the headline number is irrelevant.

When I look at my mortgage it is terrifying amount of debt but what matters is the monthly payment which is well within budget.
Same with a student loan. Think I still owe around £18,000. Pay £75 p/m on it.

It’s all about perspective.

I think I've got more of a grip in the realities of this situation than you - both from a political and economic challenge point of view.

It's no use taking a Pollyanna view of things all working out well when the last few days has underlined that investment is a huge problem - one that falling back even more on the local state wont solve, because the local state wont wear that.

My interest is only to recognise the realities of where we are and ask what we can do about it. I value input from posters like indieman who has offered analysis of the difficulties, but also offered possible positive scenarios which can keep a stadium build on track at BMD. I offer myself ideas about looking again at the GP refurbishment route we may have to look at going down again.

In short, we have reached a point where we have to recognise that the original BMD financial plan looks to be in a lot of trouble. Ignoring that and thinking we can carry it through to fruition as it has been proposed is not helpful.

Dave, I am fully aware of the difficulties and I agree with you there may or could be money problems but rather than scare monger just now, I call for patience to see what will transpire at the end of the season. I think by then it may well be much clearer. But as for GP I have already posted my reservations on that and stand by them.

BTW, in episode 2 of the history of 62 Falkner Street, BMD was featured in it and there was quite a walk around. The reason for it was that a resident of the house was found drowned there.

ill piss that up the wall outside wembley this afternoon!

You must be well off as well, the expense of travel to London, ticket, eats and finally the cost of peeing on the wall, like it Mate.

But in 5 years time none of that on the wall of our new stadium! Take a lemonade bottle with you which is what we used to do in the days of crowded goal ends.

Not sure what some people expect in terms of getting a stadium and how that relates to debt. Of course we will have a big exposure for 2 or 3 decades, that's how you buy a new home. That exposure in real terms is scary but so long as affordable year on year payments the headline number is irrelevant.

When I look at my mortgage it is terrifying amount of debt but what matters is the monthly payment which is well within budget.

Exactly. It's like some people are expecting us to get a stadium for free.

A brand new stadium in a more prestigious part of the city will also drive the value of the club up and make us much more attractive to investors. I'd be surprised if that isn't Moshiri's plan - get the stadium secured then sell us on. It's also what we need. To compete, we need mutli-billionaires or a dodgy Middle East government bankrolling us.

Exactly. It's like some people are expecting us to get a stadium for free.

A brand new stadium in a more prestigious part of the city will also drive the value of the club up and make us much more attractive to investors. I'd be surprised if that isn't Moshiri's plan - get the stadium secured then sell us on. It's also what we need. To compete, we need mutli-billionaires or a dodgy Middle East government bankrolling us.

Man city do not seem to have suffered from having dodgy owners.

But as for your other point a new stadium is the key not just for us but for the north dock project as a whole.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back