Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Starting to get the impression that this is done and dusted.

They’re some big claims to be making.

It’s in everyone’s interests that his stadium gets built.

Indeed and it's why I have always thought it was a done deal regardless. If Moshiri dumps in the cash it instantly makes the club worth more, so no loss for him. It's whether he makes Woods and Kenwright pay in a bit also else they freeload to having increased share values or Moshiri by funding the stadium gets to buy them out at the current going rate.

If the council can't pass the loan then we will get a cheaper, smaller stadium but still be on the docks. From the sound of it can't see it being denied now we are not borrowing from other sources. The one repayment sounds easily manageable.

One would hope that a "professional" politician would have cleared that prior to making the statement. Its a bit seismic not to have done so,
You'd think so. I'm not sure Joe's big on exactitude though!

If he is right then it'd be interesting to find out what the terms of such an input would be from Moshiri.

Raw, factual truths are an alien concept for politicians. I would sooner we hear it from the money juggler himself.

Yep. Havnt heard the broadcast, but context is the key. Was it a dismissive, "Well Moshiri will have to fund the balance" or a decisive "LCC will fund X. Moshiri has agreed to pay the rest"

Lets see.

Yep. Havnt heard the broadcast, but context is the key. Was it a dismissive, "Well Moshiri will have to fund the balance" or a decisive "LCC will fund X. Moshiri has agreed to pay the rest"

Lets see.
The context was a question from a caller complaining Moshiri the billionaire was not pulling his weight. Then Anderson countered by saying he'll provide the funding that the council wont cover.

You'd think so. I'm not sure Joe's big on exactitude though!

If he is right then it'd be interesting to find out what the terms of such an input would be from Moshiri.

Struggling with the second line. If true, I would imagine there would be zero interest payments, (what would be the point?). And with LCC having first dibs if it all goes wonky, its looking like the attempts to secure outside funding have either hit the buffers, (find that hard to believe), or Moshiri/*mate* have had enough mucking about, and taken the plunge.

One hell of a commitment if it happens.

Struggling with the second line. If true, I would imagine there would be zero interest payments, (what would be the point?). And with LCC having first dibs if it all goes wonky, its looking like the attempts to secure outside funding have either hit the buffers, (find that hard to believe), or Moshiri/*mate* have had enough mucking about, and taken the plunge.

I cant see £220M being forwarded without some security.

I can see it happening "USM Bramley- Moore" Stadium

The context was a question from a caller complaining Moshiri the billionaire was not pulling his weight. Then Anderson countered by saying he'll provide the funding that the council wont cover.

That suddenly sounds not quite so good. That could mean he has got to raise the extra cash and not that it's directly coming out of his bank account interest free.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back