Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Not suggesting that at all. The Etihad holds 55,000 and that hasn’t held them back has it?

But if City were building a new stadium(as we are/will) then they wouldn't be limiting it to 55k, they would be looking at similar to Old Trafford...I'm sure they'll have to redevelop/increase if they continue to be bankrolled as they are

Don' you need to enter a customer number to take part in it though?

Was also thinking, even if they didn't have to provide a valid number, it's a very extensive survey. Would they really have enough people pathetic enough to spend that long on the survey, that it would be significant enough to influence the results when thousands of our fans will be filling it in properly...

Can't imagine they do.

But if City were building a new stadium(as we are/will) then they wouldn't be limiting it to 55k, they would be looking at similar to Old Trafford...I'm sure they'll have to redevelop/increase if they continue to be bankrolled as they are

They barely fill 55,000 mate. I can’t see them committing too much to stadium development. An extra 5,000 on the capacity means very little to clubs these days, there’s more of an emphasis on corporate facilities etc.

Agree there, 55,000 should be the minimum. My thinking was 55,000 with room to grow,if the club becomes more successful.

But at the same time, I’d be wary of anything over 60,000 based on our average attendances. Empty seats, would take away from what the clubs trying to create - an intimidating, passionate, atmospheric stadium.

Agree with that, and that's why I think 57-58K would be a good starting point. It would put us in the same bracket as Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, and notably above Man City and Liverpool. The Geordies would be long forgotten about how great their fans are as they fall down to about 9th biggest Stadium in the country. We have to be aiming to be joining the Arsenal's and Spurs' of the league and not just marginally going ahead of unsuccessful yo-yo clubs like Newcastle (talking last 80 years, as I am well aware historically they enjoyed some success in the early years).

After seeing the trend of other clubs moving to new grounds and the significant rise in crowds, our impressive historic attendances, and the sell outs we've been getting in the past couple of years, I think averaging 55K would be quite comfortable so even if there were a couple of thousand empty seats it wouldn't be too noticeable in a 57-58K stadium. If it was 60-61K, it wouldn't look great and the atmosphere could suffer.

Agree with that, and that's why I think 57-58K would be a good starting point. It would put us in the same bracket as Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, and notably above Man City and Liverpool. The Geordies would be long forgotten about how great their fans are as they fall down to about 9th biggest Stadium in the country. We have to be aiming to be joining the Arsenal's and Spurs' of the league and not just marginally going ahead of unsuccessful yo-yo clubs like Newcastle (talking last 80 years, as I am well aware historically they enjoyed some success in the early years).

After seeing the trend of other clubs moving to new grounds and the significant rise in crowds, our impressive historic attendances, and the sell outs we've been getting in the past couple of years, I think averaging 55K would be quite comfortable so even if there were a couple of thousand empty seats it wouldn't be too noticeable in a 57-58K stadium. If it was 60-61K, it wouldn't look great and the atmosphere could suffer.

Dear lord I can’t believe am reading this.

That 3 thousand is a killer isn’t it?

Seriously. We sell out 40,000 now, we have a waiting list on season tickets. We still sell our with some of the worst seats for views in the entire league and probably Championship.

We would be city based and more open to walk up and go fans.

We aim to be big don’t we? Stop thinking low, when the club does it it’s bad enough but when the fans also think low it makes my blood boil.

As the costs are seemingly skyrocketing why don't we start smallish say 50k with room for expansion, this obsession with size is a side note, just get the thing built (or not !).

Dear lord I can’t believe am reading this.

That 3 thousand is a killer isn’t it?

Seriously. We sell out 40,000 now, we have a waiting list on season tickets. We still sell our with some of the worst seats for views in the entire league and probably Championship.

We would be city based and more open to walk up and go fans.

We aim to be big don’t we? Stop thinking low, when the club does it it’s bad enough but when the fans also think low it makes my blood boil.

I forgot to even mention corporate seating.

See this why some of our meff fans shouldn’t be given an opinion, small time thinkers go somewhere else.

They barely fill 55,000 mate. I can’t see them committing too much to stadium development. An extra 5,000 on the capacity means very little to clubs these days, there’s more of an emphasis on corporate facilities etc.

They are building a 3rd tier on top of the other goal end taking the capacity up to around the 61k mark, so it obviously does matter to them else they wouldn't have bothered.

I think averaging 55K would be quite comfortable so even if there were a couple of thousand empty seats it wouldn't be too noticeable in a 57-58K stadium. If it was 60-61K, it wouldn't look great and the atmosphere could suffer.

5k empty seats in a 60k stadium wouldn't look that bad. Just think of the games at Goodison when it has 35k, I know a lot of the seats are hidden behind pillars and under the overhanging upper tiers but all you need to do is limit the sale of the top 5 or so rows until x amount of the stadium is sold out, if it doesn't it wouldn't effect how full the stadium looks on TV or harm the atmosphere.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back