New Everton Stadium

I've just received an email from Everton telling me -us- that I can fill in a survey asking for our input on the design of the new
stadium, I'm paraphrasing here, and that I have register to open it.

Trouble is, it asks for my full name, email address and customer number. What is a customer number?

I'm going away for a couple of days in a minute so I won't be on here till I get back, so I hope someone knows.

Or you could say we only filled our current capacity because we sold tickets for £5 or £6. The problem is how we go from that to selling out a 60k Stadium at £40 to £50. Make no mistake the numbers only add up if we can have a matchday income that is around four or five times what we have now. The capacity is only going up by a factor of 1.5 so where does the rest come from.

We've sold out for years, before we reduced prices.

I've just received an email from Everton telling me -us- that I can fill in a survey asking for our input on the design of the new
stadium, I'm paraphrasing here, and that I have register to open it.

Trouble is, it asks for my full name, email address and customer number. What is a customer number?

I'm going away for a couple of days in a minute so I won't be on here till I get back, so I hope someone knows.
The number associated with your account. Look at emails from when you've purchased tickets ECT.

You can look at what may or may not happen with the Stadium, whether Joe will be able to wangle the financing, whether Mosh will stump up the rest of the cash, whether it will affect the UNESCO status.

The thing is that is all irrelevant when it comes down to it, the only things that matters are the numbers. Whether the numbers add up or not.

The harsh truth is that the numbers simply don't add up. Over the last few years the attendances have gone up. Last year we averaged over 39000 for the first time in the Premier League era and guess what our matchday income fell again. We had 99% occupancy last season but earned a paltry £14m. Less than we earned in 2013 and 50% LESS THAN WE EARNED IN 2015.

Think about that for a second. We are looking to build a Stadium that will be £500m+ and we have a matchday income of £14m. No wonder Joe is looking to the council to underwrite the loan because there is no way you could build a sensible business plan that would justify a £500m+ loan with our match day income.

We are being sucker punched with a streets paved with gold fantasy.

Some good points but those that question the matchday income (rightly so) must also understand that Goodison inhibits in so many ways. A new ground will fix many of those issues. You don't have to have any finance or business qualifications to know that. The club can still keep low prices in places and good market rates in others. The club can be accused of underselling itself in so many ways as well that also nees to be addressed to increase revenues.

Our match day revenue of 14 million is simply pitiful for a 40k stadium.

These are the top 6 teams in the country match day revenues in the latest results from last season that came out last month.

Man United. (107 million) 76k stadium.
Man City (51 million) Further expansion soon to 61k.
Arsenal ( 100 million) 60k stadium.
Chelsea (65 million) New 60k stadium within 3-4 years planned. (No European football last season)
RS (68 million) Further expansion 62k for 2021. (No European football last season)
Spurs (45 million) New 62k stadium next season.

If we are going moving to a new stadium how the hell is it possible to be matching those clubs above with being so far back right now,the tickets will have to be at London prices,the food beer etc will cost way more that what is at the Goodison present,the corporate will all have to be filled for every match and in summer non football entertainment will have to be fully booked.

The gap is astoundingly massive right now,i just cannot see how adding 20-25k fans is getting close to those clubs from a standing point of 14 million now.

Elstone has a massive job on his hands in how to maximise match day revenues in the new stadium,and he should have his finger on the button right now in how to improve it ready for the move.

Our match day revenue of 14 million is simply pitiful for a 40k stadium.

These are the top 6 teams in the country match day revenues in the latest results from last season that came out last month.

Man United. (107 million) 76k stadium.
Man City (51 million) Further expansion soon to 61k.
Arsenal ( 100 million) 60k stadium.
Chelsea (65 million) New 60k stadium within 3-4 years planned. (No European football last season)
RS (68 million) Further expansion 62k for 2021. (No European football last season)
Spurs (45 million) New 62k stadium next season.

If we are going moving to a new stadium how the hell is it possible to be matching those clubs above with being so far back right now,the tickets will have to be at London prices,the food beer etc will cost way more that what is at the Goodison present,the corporate will all have to be filled for every match and in summer non football entertainment will have to be fully booked.

The gap is astoundingly massive right now,i just cannot see how adding 20-25k fans is getting close to those clubs from a standing point of 14 million now.

Elstone has a massive job on his hands in how to maximise match day revenues in the new stadium,and he should have his finger on the button right now in how to improve it ready for the move.

Get 10 million in per season for naming rights and we almost double what we were getting beforehand. Misci sponsorship will also go up if the stadium is seen to one of the best around. (Unlike WHAM) The corporate side alone would prob give another 5 million. As others have said Goodison is a bit cramped to spend any length of time in, the new stadium might be a place you would go to an hour before kick off and the fan plaza has the ability to generate far more in income too for us.

We will never be matching the clubs above us but we can close the gap a bit, the club seems on the up, it boosts things like shirt sponsorship, players/managers wanting to come to us. It can't all be quantified in numbers, it brings more than that.

On my route today, got nattering to a Blue I have got to know, and he told me a pal of his in Liverpool told him about some events being planned, (ground related apparently), and that folk, (we assumed press), were being sent invites soon.

This mate of his has been pretty reliable over the years, so he said, and also reckoned the club wernt far away from making some statement, a positive one, that could be Take Off.

No idea if this bloke is connected to the club, or the media mind, but as we normally natter about football, and this was the first time he mentioned the ground, it seems that sommet is up.

On my route today, got nattering to a Blue I have got to know, and he told me a pal of his in Liverpool told him about some events being planned, (ground related apparently), and that folk, (we assumed press), were being sent invites soon.

This mate of his has been pretty reliable over the years, so he said, and also reckoned the club wernt far away from making some statement, a positive one, that could be Take Off.

No idea if this bloke is connected to the club, or the media mind, but as we normally natter about football, and this was the first time he mentioned the ground, it seems that sommet is up.

Did he have an orange for a head, did you notice?

Did he have an orange for a head, did you notice?

Haha! It was strange that it was the first time he has ever talked about the ground, and out of the blue he told me the tale he had been told, by a bloke he has known for ages. As ever with this, time will tell. Or not.

Do you think he may have been referring to this?

Thank you for completing the online survey relating to the Club’s ‘Key Principles’ for a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.
A summary of supporter feedback will be shared with our fans, our project team and our stadium architect, Dan Meis, after the survey has closed on 23 February and we have analysed and interpreted the results and comments.
All fans who have taken part in the survey will be invited to register to take part in workshop events, where the feedback and the key themes will be discussed in more detail. We will be communicating further details of the workshop events after the survey has closed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back