New Everton Stadium

Maybe. Maybe not.

Thing is though, the main/only reason Moshiri et al pitched up is the stadium/Liverpool Waters. Admittedly, my own opinion. (Little else makes any sense other than a sensorary conversion to Everton, the Club)

Its not like the WHS is a new development is it? Would have been squared off behind the scenes months ago.

If that is, my opinion is even a little bit right.

after witnessing Moshiri's 2 years in charge, are you still confident that he knows exactly what he is doing and that there was a masterplan coming here??

the fact that we are in decline on the pitch and our laughable transfer dealing does not fill me with any sort of confidence that he has actually got a 'master plan'

it seems that's it all off the cuff.

What is the supposed timetable for the next steps?

I presume the club are still looking to confirm their share of the funding and then the council cabinet would sign off on their side?

And then a planning application?

Surely to God Meis is now ready to go with the design and would release when they are ready to make a planning application?

If we don't see them apply for planning in the next 6 months then they never will.

On my route today, got nattering to a Blue I have got to know, and he told me a pal of his in Liverpool told him about some events being planned, (ground related apparently), and that folk, (we assumed press), were being sent invites soon.

This mate of his has been pretty reliable over the years, so he said, and also reckoned the club wernt far away from making some statement, a positive one, that could be Take Off.

No idea if this bloke is connected to the club, or the media mind, but as we normally natter about football, and this was the first time he mentioned the ground, it seems that sommet is up.

..hope you had your lucky jacket on.

On my route today, got nattering to a Blue I have got to know, and he told me a pal of his in Liverpool told him about some events being planned, (ground related apparently), and that folk, (we assumed press), were being sent invites soon.

This mate of his has been pretty reliable over the years, so he said, and also reckoned the club wernt far away from making some statement, a positive one, that could be Take Off.

No idea if this bloke is connected to the club, or the media mind, but as we normally natter about football, and this was the first time he mentioned the ground, it seems that sommet is up.

Do you think he may have been referring to this?
Thank you for completing the online survey relating to the Club’s ‘Key Principles’ for a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.
A summary of supporter feedback will be shared with our fans, our project team and our stadium architect, Dan Meis, after the survey has closed on 23 February and we have analysed and interpreted the results and comments.
All fans who have taken part in the survey will be invited to register to take part in workshop events, where the feedback and the key themes will be discussed in more detail. We will be communicating further details of the workshop events after the survey has closed.

"Workshop events" for more "feedback".

Ha Ha Ha. FFS.

Code:
'keep them occupied while we figure out WTF to do next'.

I hope so Mate, I am getting on a bit and guess I would find it hard to see a game at the new stadium from my Urn!!

Get 10 million in per season for naming rights and we almost double what we were getting beforehand. Misci sponsorship will also go up if the stadium is seen to one of the best around. (Unlike WHAM) The corporate side alone would prob give another 5 million. As others have said Goodison is a bit cramped to spend any length of time in, the new stadium might be a place you would go to an hour before kick off and the fan plaza has the ability to generate far more in income too for us.

We will never be matching the clubs above us but we can close the gap a bit, the club seems on the up, it boosts things like shirt sponsorship, players/managers wanting to come to us. It can't all be quantified in numbers, it brings more than that.

Naming rights would be commercial revenue and not match day revenue.

The thing about naming rights is that the really big deals tend to happen in sports in which shirt sponsorship is not allowed.

Earning a bit more simply doesn't pay the bills for a Stadium that costs £500m+.

On a 20 year loan we would have to generate an extra £30m+ just to stand still. We would have to earn an extra £7m+ just to pay the council their guarantor fee. Think about that half our current matchday income just to pay the council a fee on a portion of the Stadium costs.

Paper or milk?

Naming rights would be commercial revenue and not match day revenue.

The thing about naming rights is that the really big deals tend to happen in sports in which shirt sponsorship is not allowed.

Earning a bit more simply doesn't pay the bills for a Stadium that costs £500m+.

On a 20 year loan we would have to generate an extra £30m+ just to stand still. We would have to earn an extra £7m+ just to pay the council their guarantor fee. Think about that half our current matchday income just to pay the council a fee on a portion of the Stadium costs.

Commercial revenue or not it is something we have no access to at Goodison, the new stadium drives that income and a new stadium anywhere will still cost a similar amount to build, but the position on the waterfront would likely increase the amount someone will pay to name it.

Yes we pay almost what we gain from it, but we are a club moving forward with visible signs of growth. You can't put a price on that. As we pay off the debt eventually more of that money it generates can come back into the system if we renegotiate terms. If we don't in 25 years all that extra income becomes ours. What would you have us do stay at Goodison as new legislation gradually erodes the capacity, thus the income it generates also decreases? If the TV money ever did pop we would be stuffed with our 14 million a year, the new stadium only has to make the repayment + 14 million and it is worth it. A new stadium has much more potential to raise funds, the more people the less the ticket prices have to go up as it is shared between more.

Anyone who would prefer to see us stay at Goodison over a move to BM is either RS or would like the club to be mothballed.

two world wars have stopped us defending league titles before, everton that

Probably best all round we don't win another one then :eek:

And on the WHS status, living in Nottingham I can tell you that people there don't give a sh1t about the city of Liverpool let alone it's WHS status. I'd assume the rest of the country/world is the same.

Should we make it sort of bomb proof just in case we eventually get things right on the pitch?

EVERTON FOOTBALL STADIUM & ASSOCIATED REGENERATION

Date
Friday 16th March 2018
Time 08:30 - 10:00
Location Malmaison 7 William Jessop Way Liverpool
The proposed multi-million-pound regeneration project at Bramley Moore Dock will be presented to an exclusive Downtown Liverpool in Business breakfast event on Friday 16th March at the Malmaison Hotel.

City Mayor Joe Anderson and Everton Football Club Chief Executive Robert Elstone will outline plans to transform the north dock, develop a state-of-the-art stadium, create economic growth, and leave an exciting legacy at the Goodison Park site.

Downtown boss Frank McKenna commented: “Football rivalries aside, this is a magnificent initiative for the city of Liverpool. The new Everton stadium will act as a catalyst for further regeneration in an area of the city that has not yet benefitted from Liverpool’s recent renaissance. The infrastructure improvements, new jobs, and new residential and commercial investments will be welcome spin-offs from this exciting scheme.

“I am delighted that Joe and Robert will be addressing business leaders to outline the opportunities ahead.”

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back