New Everton Stadium

I said earlier, I am in no way arguing that these people are being fair or reasonable. What I'm saying is that their WHS they hold over the council seems to be a powerful bargaining chip. I doubt even Anderson wants to lose that status so we're looking at some sort of fudge deal and that could take time.

Agreed the council should do everything in its power to keep it. They have to compromise to find a solution that suits all parties, if they can't and one side issues an ultimatum at that point they can decide what is more important for the city.

But again I don't think this is applicable to us, the delays will be on Peels side for that part of the development.

Agreed the council should do everything in its power to keep it. They have to compromise to find a solution that suits all parties, if they can't and one side issues an ultimatum at that point they can decide what is more important for the city.

But again I don't think this is applicable to us, the delays will be on Peels side for that part of the development.
Yep. it's a major move in transforming the local region, never mind the city economy. A development like this is going to take a long time bringing together.

Because it will be locally contentious and perhaps more importantly.... doing so will make life massively uncomfortable for a prominent Labour mayor and city council. Absolutely nailed on.
So they are going to ignore the regeneration of a run down area, money into the local economy, jobs etc just to [Poor language removed] Joe Andrerson ?

Take a look around the area fella.
"A mile from anything aproaching civilisation" Really ? The whole area is being bought up and redeveloped .
Everton dont need to wait for Peel to do anything ,they have an agreed contract on the land subject to planning.
The only land now available is absolute prime front of water land which is ear marked for the Skyscrapers that Unesco are probably worried out.
When I refer to 'the site' I'm talking about the Liverpool Waters site in it's entirety rather than just the portion of 'sector A' that we purchased, and let's be honest, the scattering of buildings springing up closer to town are hardly sufficient to support the stadium even if we can fit a few supporting structures on Bramley Moore.

Best I can tell the plans for the central and northern docks are still very much up in the air.... Hence big Joe and Elstone doing the rounds at business breakfast meetings trying to drum up sufficient interest in the wider scheme to help encourage Peel to take things forward

When I refer to 'the site' I'm talking about the Liverpool Waters site in it's entirety rather than just the portion of 'sector A' that we purchased, and let's be honest, the scattering of buildings springing up closer to town are hardly sufficient to support the stadium even if we can fit a few supporting structures on Bramley Moore.

Best I can tell the plans for the central and northern docks are still very much up in the air.... Hence big Joe and Elstone doing the rounds at business breakfast meetings trying to drum up sufficient interest in the wider scheme to help encourage Peel to take things forward
I'm not refering to the "scattering of buildings close to town"
Its the immediate area around Bramley Moore , Ten Streets , Titanic & Stanley Dock Tobacco Warehouse from the docks right up to Leeds street , the regeneration has already started mate.Plans for a new train station and network.
There are also plans on the table for the Skyscrapers on the waterside.
Its all well underway my friend.

They're just walking round at those meetings with these mate.

charity.jpg

I'm also deeply cynical that planning is anything close to sorted. There will no doubt be some pre-app discussions going on with local planners but LCC really aren't the main obstacle here.

This is getting called in by government without any doubt whatsoever.
central govt have already said they arent interested n calling it in as it fits with local regeneration rules.

Joe aint no Churchill...although he does look like that dog on the Churchill's advert.
Haha like it.

Not everyones cup of char like but got to give it to Joe he really does stick his neck out.
Ive seen a lifetime of Sir Trevors running this city , so I'le take Joe any day.
I hated the regimes that bickered for years while up the M62 things got done.
"Let Manchester have their airport we've got the docks" (that worked out well) mentality for years.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back