New Everton Stadium

Fully believe everton will keep prices as low as they can, the club prides it’s self on that.

We should be charging premium on hospitality; i tried to get hospitality for 4 of us back in October only to be told it’s sold out for the season. To me that screams that hospitality has been way too cheap, yes its a fine balance but you don’t want it to be sold out all the time imo

I hope so mate, I want them even lower, I want it to the point where it's impossible to say no to going, where every little kid says "yessss I'm going the match today as my mum/dad have got us a special family ticket"

If the TV bubble pops, wouldn't being stuck paying off a 60k seater stadium with only 45k people sitting in it be a bit more of a pressing concern than whether we got as many fans through the turnstiles as West Ham?

Sooner you move in and start paying it off the better it is. Do you think Arsenal are worrying about that now? If the TV money pops then likely the attendance will go up not down as there will be less games shown (once the balance tips to when they get more from pulling in punters than they do from the share from broadcasting), so I'm not sure where you get the 45k from.

im hoping who ever is the 61878 person to fill out the customer feedback for BMD shares the sketch on here... i think we are prob about 20k off that though

WOW! It's going to 82k That is news everybody. :p

I hope so mate, I want them even lower, I want it to the point where it's impossible to say no to going, where every little kid says "yessss I'm going the match today as my mum/dad have got us a special family ticket"

And this is the point, build small where demand outstrips supply and they can effectively charge what they want up to the point it starts to tip the otherway.

Sooner you move in and start paying it off the better it is. Do you think Arsenal are worrying about that now? If the TV money pops then likely the attendance will go up not down as there will be less games shown (once the balance tips to when they get more from pulling in punters than they do from the share from broadcasting), so I'm not sure where you get the 45k from.
Well i'm just plucking figures from mid air because we have no idea what sort of figures we might expect do we? Personally I don't think saying we could be getting 6k a week more than we currently do is ridiculously underselling it without knowing for certain that things would be significantly better on the pitch.

What logic are you using to suggest attendances would go up? By the bubble bursting are you suggesting TV would just stop buying games altogether? That's not going to happen. I was talking about a significant reduction in how much the companies would pay for rights, that wouldn't mean the games weren't available to watch, whether on TV or through streams, so there wouldn't be less games shown. If things did change to that extent, it would suggest that demand for football had decreased, which you would expect to lead to a drop off in attendances, and if the PL was no longer 'cool' (ie the huge global brand that it is now, because of TV exposure) then you wouldn't get all the hipsters and casual fans that you get now, again leading to a drop in attendances.

Juve are world famous, they are the best team in the league and all the players want to join them, they make more than enough extra through sponsorship not to care and besides the Italian league doesn't pull in the punters like the premiership. So a full new 40k is probably better than a rundown 60k one that only 30k have turned up to.

Hardly any of that applies to us. If in 20 years the TV deals pop wouldn't you like to half keep up with Spurs/West Ham etc.?
Point taken but I see contradiction with fan desires (+60 capacity) and with the fact that we seem to prioritice intimicy (proximity to the pitch) and atmosphere in our planning

Well i'm just plucking figures from mid air because we have no idea what sort of figures we might expect do we? Personally I don't think saying we could be getting 6k a week more than we currently do is ridiculously underselling it without knowing for certain that things would be significantly better on the pitch.

What logic are you using to suggest attendances would go up? By the bubble bursting are you suggesting TV would just stop buying games altogether? That's not going to happen. I was talking about a significant reduction in how much the companies would pay for rights, that wouldn't mean the games weren't available to watch, whether on TV or through streams, so there wouldn't be less games shown. If things did change to that extent, it would suggest that demand for football had decreased, which you would expect to lead to a drop off in attendances, and if the PL was no longer 'cool' (ie the huge global brand that it is now, because of TV exposure) then you wouldn't get all the hipsters and casual fans that you get now, again leading to a drop in attendances.

That's what I'm saying, but unlike you I think there is a point that the clubs will stop allowing saturation (where we are now with new time slots being created to allow more games to be shown) if it's preventing people showing up at the match if the income gained from the match going support starts to outweigh the TV money. This is not just ticket money, but programmes, drinks, pies and other merchandise, where you need the footfall to generate it.

The league could still be 'cool' but maybe not to the wider world due to a new Super Chinese league where they have the pick of the foreign players and it could be SKY have gone bust or just subs for sports are too much to get the money to pay for the rights, who knows like you say. What we do know is football is more a family experience than it was back in the day so if you create a safe environment with good facilities there is a whole new audience than there used to be to attend games. Keep prices reasonable and get them hooked young.

If it's over 61k, then this is going to be a match day:

_49371313_010337260-2.jpg

That's what I'm saying, but unlike you I think there is a point that the clubs will stop allowing saturation (where we are now with new time slots being created to allow more games to be shown) if it's preventing people showing up at the match if the income gained from the match going support starts to outweigh the TV money. This is not just ticket money, but programmes, drinks, pies and other merchandise, where you need the footfall to generate it.

The league could still be 'cool' but maybe not to the wider world due to a new Super Chinese league where they have the pick of the foreign players and it could be SKY have gone bust or just subs for sports are too much to get the money to pay for the rights, who knows like you say. What we do know is football is more a family experience than it was back in the day so if you create a safe environment with good facilities there is a whole new audience than there used to be to attend games. Keep prices reasonable and get them hooked young.
All good points, and don't get me wrong I'm just thinking out loud really, not suggesting what i'm saying will definitely be the case. I get what you mean about supply and demand, but I suppose what I was getting at in my first post is that if the clubs aren't getting the TV money anymore, they're not going to be offering cheap tickets, because they'll have an enormous shortfall to make up. If the prices go up, I would expect attendances to go down.

Just my opinion, but anything significantly more than 60k sounds absolutely mental. I can't begin to imagine how many stars would need to align for Everton to become a European powerhouse capable of attracting 60K+.

not really, theres roughly 30k season tickets being sold and say another 5-10k on a waiting list or would take up the option if we moved, away allocations would be greater, and a bigger stadium might slightly reduce the cost per ticket to get bums on the seats

60k is easily fillable

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back