New Everton Stadium

..I want a new stadium at Bramley Moore, that is my requirement.

At the end of the day this. I would love to have a 60k (+1878!) stadium with all the bells and whistles but if that is unaffordable then I would accept anything 48k and over. It would still be a million times better than where we are now and infinitely better than where we could have been in a 50k stadium in Kirkby.

At the end of the day this. I would love to have a 60k (+1878!) stadium with all the bells and whistles but if that is unaffordable then I would accept anything 48k and over. It would still be a million times better than where we are now and infinitely better than where we could have been in a 50k stadium in Kirkby.
Hate to sound boring, but the financial well being of the club has to be paramount. If that means 50,000 and a reining in of design ambitions then so be it.

If the financial architecture of this scheme were different then I'd be all for 60,000+ and getting Herzog in for an iconic build. Unfortunately we are a mid-sized PL club financially speaking and we need to avoid heaping crippling debts onto the club for the future.

Hate to sound boring, but the financial well being of the club has to be paramount. If that means 50,000 and a reining in of design ambitions then so be it.

If the financial architecture of this scheme were different then I'd be all for 60,000+ and getting Herzog in for an iconic build. Unfortunately we are a mid-sized PL club financially speaking and we need to avoid heaping crippling debts onto the club for the future.

I agree with this. Can’t risk the future of the club. I would not be against a well designed 50k stadium. The location can be the USP. A smaller stadium has done Juventus no harm

Regarding the capacity ours has changed like 3 times since the build started. Seat optimisations has meant it's kept getting bigger, it's up to 62k now.

It's going to take some amazing design work to hit bang on 61878 without it changing during the build.

I agree with this. Can’t risk the future of the club. I would not be against a well designed 50k stadium. The location can be the USP. A smaller stadium has done Juventus no harm

Juve have done alright because they're a big club but more importantly, because they're currently ahead of the curve in Serie A. I think they're the only club in the division that isn't renting a dated municipally owned stadium so they're able to generate their own stadium revenue and keep it all.

Most notably, in the 2010-11 season at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin, Juve pocketed just under €10m from the gate.

According to Calcio e Finanza, the average revenue from the Juventus Stadium over the last five years was €41m per season.

The average in that period for Milan is €26m, €22m at Inter and €18m for Napoli.
https://www.football-italia.net/109571/juventus-stadium-boosted-revenue

There's already been rumblings about whether 40k was ambitious enough, and in coming years other Italian clubs will also have their own stadiums and some of them (e.g. Roma) will be bigger. It'll be interesting to see whether Juve stay ahead when that happens. They've stolen a march for now, but it might not last in the medium-long term.

Everton are in a completely different environment. An unambitious stadium may have transformed Juve's situation recently but even an ambitious 60k+ stadium isn't going to put you Top 6 in terms of revenue in the PL. That's the difference. They could do a fast walk and overtake everyone in Serie A, you'll have to run to even stay on the coattails in the PL. And of course, an unambitious stadium will have you even further away.

55k is surely the absolute minimum you should be aiming for.

Anyway, will leave you to your goalfest.

As said though, interesting if Parry is giving airtime to an opponent of the scheme.

I have no evidence to support this statement, but I have a hunch Kenwright might be wary of the stadium scheme - or, rather, the financial structure of the deal.

Don't think you got the gist it was Kemp calling in giving an update on Everton's ground move it was a load of ballony just political point scoring. He got more points than we did today.

Don't think you got the gist it was Kemp calling in giving an update on Everton's ground move it was a load of ballony just political point scoring. He got more points than we did today.
Yeah, just heard that now courtesy of the link provided above.

Interesting only in the sense Kemp is casting doubt on the ability of Anderson to get the council to loan the cash.

Juve have done alright because they're a big club but more importantly, because they're currently ahead of the curve in Serie A. I think they're the only club in the division that isn't renting a dated municipally owned stadium so they're able to generate their own stadium revenue and keep it all.

https://www.football-italia.net/109571/juventus-stadium-boosted-revenue

There's already been rumblings about whether 40k was ambitious enough, and in coming years other Italian clubs will also have their own stadiums and some of them (e.g. Roma) will be bigger. It'll be interesting to see whether Juve stay ahead when that happens. They've stolen a march for now, but it might not last in the medium-long term.

Everton are in a completely different environment. An unambitious stadium may have transformed Juve's situation recently but even an ambitious 60k+ stadium isn't going to put you Top 6 in terms of revenue in the PL. That's the difference. They could do a fast walk and overtake everyone in Serie A, you'll have to run to even stay on the coattails in the PL. And of course, an unambitious stadium will have you even further away.

55k is surely the absolute minimum you should be aiming for.

Anyway, will leave you to your goalfest.

A smaller more intimate stadium could lead to a better performance on the pitch which would mean more prem prize money. How much would we make off 10k extra tickets over 18 games which I am not convinced we would sell anyway

I think think the major shareholder would have the exact same concerns Dave.

When the takeover stuff was going on, the Mericans we knew about, Moshiri we didnt, and I believe a local consortium were on the fringes as well.

The Mericans wanted to load the club with debt, Glazer Lite if you like. The local lads had less money, but favoured a GP redevelopment. Both were overlooked by BK for Moshiri. (Ignoring for once the AU/USM stuff)

I would not fall off my stool if Moshiri carries and/or underwrites the spend above the LCC loan. Then converts the "debt" to equity. To me, it makes a weird sense. Lets say the spend he takes on is £300m. Once completed, and swapped for equity, his actual net worth is the same as before. Just different compenents.

One thing I haven't seen discussed so much here is ticket prices. Judging from this chart Everton seem to have much cheaper prices than Liverpool for example. Even if Everton had 60k capacity at these prices the stadium would still only bring in ~£20m which is WAY behind the teams Everton are hoping to catch.

However for the stadium to be effective surely that would need to change quite a bit to try and catch up and compete?

mdayr.webp

One thing I haven't seen discussed so much here is ticket prices. Judging from this chart Everton seem to have much cheaper prices than Liverpool for example. Even if Everton had 60k capacity at these prices the stadium would still only bring in ~£20m which is WAY behind the teams Everton are hoping to catch.

However for the stadium to be effective surely that would need to change quite a bit to try and catch up and compete?

View attachment 44461

Fair point. Devil will be in the detail.

Any idea what the prices will be at your new place yet?

Fair point. Devil will be in the detail.

Any idea what the prices will be at your new place yet?

The board have said they will be keeping the prices pretty much the same as the last season in WHL... but our ticket prices are nearly the same as Arsenal's (stupid expensive). It's one advantage the club gets being in London.

I expect our match day revenue to go up to at least £80m in the new place maybe closer to £90m which clearly makes the stadium worth it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back