New Everton Stadium

Spurs are a fine club. Good history, try to play attractive football, one of the better clubs out there. But they're miles off Everton in terms of status.

Not at the moment though, they've gone to a different level. We haven't beaten them since 2012. Although they need to start winning some trophies as although the top 4 finishes are decent, it just makes them a modern day version of Keegan's Newcastle at present.

You can talk all you want about past trophies but plenty of fans have never seen us win anything. At the moment Spurs are a bigger club than us and unless things change quickly that gap will only continue to get bigger at an exponential rate.

If we continue to slide I doubt we will fill Goodison every week nevermind a 60k stadium.

At least some clubs have the entire city with no competition. What's stopping young fans from choosing Liverpool.
Young fans are choosing Everton to follow I think it's fair to say. We have had more recent young players for them to aspire to, and they can get cheaper tickets to our games. I think there has been a fairly decent swing towards us, even with young single mum's taking kids to games, our community presence ECT.

Hi Gents.
As I said in my first ever post a few days ago, I've been browsing on here for ages but only joined a few months ago and only wanted to chat about my interest in your new stadium build (I never posted anything after our big win at Wembley) but unfortunately it's turned a little onto the irrelevant subject of "Who is the bigger club?"
I'm not in the slightest interested in that kind of rubbish chat BUT I do think (getting it back to stadium related,) our and maybe in about 5 years yours, (yes, going by ours and other stadium builds I still think you could be waiting at least that long?) a new stadium is very important about future stature (and obviously income.)

So looking forward to when they finally bring out the renders of you new gaff (and the capacity.)

Last edited:
Don't mean to be the bringer of bad news, but I read today the hole punch has increased Anfield's revenues by more than 50% per match (!). With European football that should mean matchday revenue of £80-90m per season.

It seems every time a top club releases their latest accounts, the need for you to do something about your own stadium situation is thrown into even sharper relief.

It irks me that they have managed to achieve that growth by spending £150m whereas we are looking at £500m just to achieve something ultimately lower.

It irks me that they have managed to achieve that growth by spending £150m whereas we are looking at £500m just to achieve something ultimately lower.

Very true but they've been investing in and upgrading their stadium for years while we've had King Billy watching ours fall apart around his fat head and done absolutely jack.
We have a long way to go.

Not at the moment though, they've gone to a different level. We haven't beaten them since 2012. Although they need to start winning some trophies as although the top 4 finishes are decent, it just makes them a modern day version of Keegan's Newcastle at present.
Oh yeah, they're streets ahead of us right now in almost every respect. But they dont have our pedigree. I think they'll continue to labour under the description 'a cup team' until they win the title again.

Spurs are a fine club. Grasping at straws but they made quite a few errors when spending the Bale money but recovered. Pochettino identified the weaknesses in the first team and sorted it. Their problem now is keeping their coaching and playing assets.

If we do build the new stadium I think we have no idea just how much a game can generate... but, I don't see any reason why it could not be in the same region as that of our neighbours. I would have thought a new stadium in a prestigious location would offer lots of earning potential.
If the stadium is 60k or more, I expect we will see a lot of visitors take in a game in such a venue who may not be Everton or even football supporters. I think we my see several different pricing structures in such a new stadium.

If we do build the new stadium I think we have no idea just how much a game can generate... but, I don't see any reason why it could not be in the same region as that of our neighbours. I would have thought a new stadium in a prestigious location would offer lots of earning potential.
If the stadium is 60k or more, I expect we will see a lot of visitors take in a game in such a venue who may not be Everton or even football supporters. I think we my see several different pricing structures in such a new stadium.

Amen to all that brother.

Why won't the casual day tripper/tourist who is staying in a hotel in town think "I might go and watch Everton today in their brand new stadium instead of taking a visit to Liverpools".

It can happen, we can make it happen, we need to to ensure it happens.

I've said it time after time, the most important thing is to ensure we make it affordable for mum's/dad's to bring kids. I want every kid in this city supporting Everton, well except for the kids who are little pains in the arses, they can continue to support the scruffs

Spurs are a fine club. Good history, try to play attractive football, one of the better clubs out there. But they're miles off Everton in terms of status.
This is true. However the perception in the media and amongst neutral fans is very different. We are not (hate to say it) 'fashionable'. Haven't been for a long, long time.

I remember even in 1995 the media frenzy for Spurs and Klinsmann to knock-out Royle's Dogs of War. It was biased and they were desperate for them to play the Mancs in final. We spoilt that particular party and it was truly satisfying.

Trouble is we don't appear to have a strategy to change this perception in the media. Not sure why, but we don't. It's like the club just accept it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back