New Everton Stadium

So we've exchanged money for something that may or may not happen?

I said "could" - Peel are effectively not able to sell the land to anyone else while Everton go through planning - if you're Peel you'd want some kind of payment - if it doesn't happen Peel have foregone chance to sell to others or develop themselves.

Can you really argue against what he's saying? There's a report out there that's been commissioned about the finance deal, and it's being kept secret. Even if you support the deal as described by the Mayor, think it's win-win for everyone involved, you've got to admit that's not a great look. "Commercial confidentiality" is the reason given apparently, and I guess that's fair enough up to a point, but that kind of language reminds me so much of the obfuscation around the LS it's not funny:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/15/west-ham-details-olympic-stadium-deal

Whatever you think of the Lib Dems, is it really surprising people (and particularly other councilors who have to vote on this) want to know what this report contains, that they're not willing to simply take the Mayor at his word that it's a great deal?

I agree with you totally. Any report must be (as long as it isn't overtly sensitive to any stakeholders) made public and more importantly scrutinised for viability. For me that's a prerequisite.

My comments were aimed more at Kemps motivation. And I stand by my comments never to trust a LD.

Think the better question is "Why would he?"

Answer that, and the path gets cleared of nettles and brambles. @Brisan123

The money for the stadium gets turned into equity so it’s stil his money.
The stadium is the keystone for the dock developement and once it’s approved and financed the lads move in and build build build and make hundreds of Millions
Maybe Moshiri sells 49% ( or all) of the club to a multi billionaire who wants a new train set because he’s not allowed play with the one he has a share in.
The lads in Corestate are watching it all from the top of the Liver Building

I think roydo is trying to hint at and answer ‘why fund it this way?’ ..

Should / could there be any ‘issues’ with getting planning permission i.e world heritage status, kite flyers etc etc. Then the council would be a lot more leanient with things knowing that they are making a good wack out of all this.

Imagine the stick the guy/girl refusing planning would be getting - they’d be costing the city of liverpool £7m a year. So this deal is a little like a sweetner. The more you think about things the clearer things become...

Thiughts @roydo ?

I think roydo is trying to hint at and answer ‘why fund it this way?’ ..

Should / could there be any ‘issues’ with getting planning permission i.e world heritage status, kite flyers etc etc. Then the council would be a lot more leanient with things knowing that they are making a good wack out of all this.

Imagine the stick the guy/girl refusing planning would be getting - they’d be costing the city of liverpool £7m a year. So this deal is a little like a sweetner. The more you think about things the clearer things become...

Thiughts @roydo ?

As in "why fund it this way" being the LCC loan? Maybe, cos if the council are effectively partners in the thing, then getting stuff through PP could be, er, "smoother".

Its the funding of the balance that could be interesting. If Moshiri was to underwrite it, I am led to believe a fully funded project gets through PP easier.

Lob in other interested parties, including LCC), and a more complete picture starts to take shape, and make more and more sense.

To some observers anyrate.

As in "why fund it this way" being the LCC loan? Maybe, cos if the council are effectively partners in the thing, then getting stuff through PP could be, er, "smoother".

Its the funding of the balance that could be interesting. If Moshiri was to underwrite it, I am led to believe a fully funded project gets through PP easier.

Lob in other interested parties, including LCC), and a more complete picture starts to take shape, and make more and more sense.

To some observers anyrate.

Yes, thats what i was getting at, smother is the word i was looking for. I think its obvious why we are getting LCC involved

Yes, thats what i was getting at, smother is the word i was looking for. I think its obvious why we are getting LCC involved

I havnt a clue who got who involved with each party; some will say Moshiri couldnt attract finance, some will say the LCC shouldnt do it. I dont know. But to me, it just fits the narrative that has been slowly taking place with seemingly more and more folk cottoning on to it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back