New Everton Stadium

JA has told a budget setting meeting tonight that the deal is still being negotiated but it's a "No brainer" for the council.
The decision will be taken by the council ultimately.

£280m loan netting council £7m a year
It's the "deal is still being negotiated" bit that worries me. How long can it take really? I know these things are complex but, if as it appears, it is such a no brainer for both parties, why is it taking so long too finalise the deal and move it along accordingly? It is frustrating and the longer it goes on with pretty much radio silence from EFC (apart from the consultation exercise) the louder the voices of the doubters grow. Oct 2016 they were all pictured hugging each other at BMD - 18 months later and we still have not seen a single design released by the club or Meis. Following Everton is death by a 1000 cuts.

When all is said and done, this is the reason why I think the new ground will go ahead: the council is simply dependent on the money to preserve the level of services.

Also good to see the mayor at today's council meeting having a pop at the Red Echo for its negative reporting on the deal for the ground. Top man for the city!

When all is said and done, this is the reason why I think the new ground will go ahead: the council is simply dependent on the money to preserve the level of services.

Also good to see the mayor at today's council meeting having a pop at the Red Echo for its negative reporting on the deal for the ground. Top man for the city!

I think "dependent" on the cash is probably washing the socks too much. The deal makes a lot of sense for LCC, no doubt at all. But imo, and that is all it is, its a deal made between LCC and "A N Other" to split the funding between two, or more parties.

Going Dutch on the deal if you like.

Its baby steps, to say the least, but at least they seem be reaching the bottom of the stairs.

I think "dependent" on the cash is probably washing the socks too much. The deal makes a lot of sense for LCC, no doubt at all. But imo, and that is all it is, its a deal made between LCC and "A N Other" to split the funding between two, or more parties.

Going Dutch on the deal if you like.

Its baby steps, to say the least, but at least they seem be reaching the bottom of the stairs.

Perhaps. It depends on how severe you view the impact of the future government squeeze on the council's finances. Joe Anderson said there is "no way the city can support it's services" without deals like this, and I suspect that is close to the truth: they have been cut to the bone and without the money made from the Dock deal (and other invest to profit schemes), it doesn't bear thinking what they would be forced to do.

All the main players in this drama cannot afford for it to fail, which is why I believe it will go ahead to completion.

Perhaps. It depends on how severe you view the impact of the future government squeeze on the council's finances. Joe Anderson said there is "no way the city can support it's services" without deals like this, and I suspect that is close to the truth: they have been cut to the bone and without the money made from the Dock deal (and other invest to profit schemes), it doesn't bear thinking what they would be forced to do.

All the main players in this drama cannot afford for it to fail, which is why I believe it will go ahead to completion.

I am fully on board with your final line. All I meant was that this loan simply will not cover the build. So, it has been introduced on the proviso that someone else has, or will, underwrite the balance.

JA alluded to Moshiri doing just that. Maybe with a little help from a friend.

King Joe holding court in his fiefdom.

That's a man you cant take seriously.

How can he say the last 11 months the council have been looking at the council securitising the loan rather them facilitating private sector investment for the project when the latter way forward was the only thing mentioned 11 months ago when the funding model was first mooted?

The feller's a crank.

King Joe holding court in his fiefdom.

That's a man you cant take seriously.

How can he say the last 11 months the council have been looking at the council securitising the loan rather them facilitating private sector investment for the project when the latter way forward was the only thing mentioned 11 months ago when the funding model was first mooted?

The feller's a crank.
Did you see anyone question what he was saying in there? No is the answer. He’s been honest and open with them.

You’re not privy to council meetings and what is and isn’t discussed. Just like the Echo isn’t and just like Kemp isn’t.

The man is trying to help the club out. Ffs.

Did you see anyone question what he was saying in there? No is the answer. He’s been honest and open with them.

You’re not privy to council meetings and what is and isn’t discussed. Just like the Echo isn’t and just like Kemp isn’t.

The man is trying to help the club out. Ffs.
I see a man contradicting himself and floundering.

If there's nothing to hide then the CIPFA correspondence can be published.

Blustering away to his underlings doesn't explain anything.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back