New Everton Stadium

I agree with a lot Davek says but why do I feel he wants this stadium yo fail?
I want it to happen mate. I just refuse to see this as being any further along than the other fantasy stadium schemes we had. The funding idea looks seriously ropey, and overall, as with Kirkby, I sense other players with other motives at the docks using the club as a trojan horse and we come up empty handed again.

I want it to happen mate. I just refuse to see this as being any further along than the other fantasy stadium schemes we had. The funding idea looks seriously ropey, and overall, as with Kirkby, I sense other players with other motives at the docks using the club as a trojan horse and we come up empty handed again.
This is definitely getting built, images will appear before the start of next season, just need to ride out this season and not go down.

What’s the LDL scam?

Apologies for going off topic mods; but...

The council signed an agreement with British Telecom years ago, a joint partnership called Liverpool Direct Limited would be setup. For a set fee (started at £25m year and increased by £5m each year iirc) LCC would pay this to LDL and they would manage all HR, ICT, call centre, one sto shops etc etc. The caveat was the council departments had to procure goods through LDL

So, your PC broke and a replacement one was required. You go to LDL, only they charged an extortionate amount for it (around 100% markup); the idea was that the profit made by LDL (which is why prices were marked up so high) would be paid back to the council at the end of the finical year.

This is where politicians trying to be businessmen failed; little did they realise that there were clauses in the contract (between LDL & LCC) which stated that the profit to paid back by LDL would be determined by them and only after all bonuses were paid. Miraculously, every year, the bonuses LDL paid to the directors matched the profit that was to be paid back to LCC. So nothing went back to the council. They had barristers trying to get out of the contract and it was water tight.

The then assistant chief exec of the council, who bizarrely was also chief exec of LDL at the same time, was David Mcelhinney. How this was allowed I’ll never know.

Further agreements were signed off by officers that extended the contract, ok’d by certain politicians without seeking Cabinet approval. Those officer received golden handshakes (£500k in one instance), and then went into Lancashire county council to setup exactly the same operation (there names are in the public domain)

The entire thing stunk, and finally it looks like justice is being served

Apologies for going off topic mods; but...

The council signed an agreement with British Telecom years ago, a joint partnership called Liverpool Direct Limited would be setup. For a set fee (started at £25m year and increased by £5m each year iirc) LCC would pay this to LDL and they would manage all HR, ICT, call centre, one sto shops etc etc. The caveat was the council departments had to procure goods through LDL

So, your PC broke and a replacement one was required. You go to LDL, only they charged an extortionate amount for it (around 100% markup); the idea was that the profit made by LDL (which is why prices were marked up so high) would be paid back to the council at the end of the finical year.

This is where politicians trying to be businessmen failed; little did they realise that there were clauses in the contract (between LDL & LCC) which stated that the profit to paid back by LDL would be determined by them and only after all bonuses were paid. Miraculously, every year, the bonuses LDL paid to the directors matched the profit that was to be paid back to LCC. So nothing went back to the council. They had barristers trying to get out of the contract and it was water tight.

The then assistant chief exec of the council, who bizarrely was also chief exec of LDL at the same time, was David Mcelhinney. How this was allowed I’ll never know.

Further agreements were signed off by officers that extended the contract, ok’d by certain politicians without seeking Cabinet approval. Those officer received golden handshakes (£500k in one instance), and then went into Lancashire county council to setup exactly the same operation (there names are in the public domain)

The entire thing stunk, and finally it looks like justice is being served

Sorry to be pedantic mate but you said Joe Anderson is still on bail, could you provide any proof of that as its a massive allegation saying he has been arrested & charged of a crime. As far as i can tell that didnt happen with what you are talking about above

Fat Joe has also been bailed, people have forgotten this

It's the "deal is still being negotiated" bit that worries me. How long can it take really? I know these things are complex but, if as it appears, it is such a no brainer for both parties, why is it taking so long too finalise the deal and move it along accordingly? It is frustrating and the longer it goes on with pretty much radio silence from EFC (apart from the consultation exercise) the louder the voices of the doubters grow. Oct 2016 they were all pictured hugging each other at BMD - 18 months later and we still have not seen a single design released by the club or Meis. Following Everton is death by a 1000 cuts.

Meis has been waiting to update his blog for about 6 months.

It's the "deal is still being negotiated" bit that worries me. How long can it take really? I know these things are complex but, if as it appears, it is such a no brainer for both parties, why is it taking so long too finalise the deal and move it along accordingly? It is frustrating and the longer it goes on with pretty much radio silence from EFC (apart from the consultation exercise) the louder the voices of the doubters grow. Oct 2016 they were all pictured hugging each other at BMD - 18 months later and we still have not seen a single design released by the club or Meis. Following Everton is death by a 1000 cuts.
And then they rub salt in.

I worked in IT for many years and the contracts they absolutely loved were local council ones. It was guaranteed money, the contracts were made watertight on one side only and the people you were dealing with are not exactly the sharpest, councillors are after all part time, supposedly. The LDL deal outlined above shows this and I am sure there are many others.

I am from the exact area that the stadium will be built and the area is desperate for investment but it is not reliant on BMD, the overall project for the northern docks dwarfs the BMD project, much as we would like to think we hold the key, we don't. Peel have their own agenda and though they may not be against they are certainly not reliant on it and will seek to get the deal that suits them not EFC.

I have said before not everyone in Liverpool is as obsessed with football as we are and all they see is the council helping a billionaire owned football club with finance which from the outside doesn't seem to make sense. I would release all information as I doubt we have anything to hide (well nothing happened yet so it would be difficult to have done anything iffy) then we can all see the plans and the benefits to non-sporting council tax payers.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back