New Everton Stadium

I think with Anderson, because he is a Everton fan, his excitement over the project takes over his sensible thinking. He responds to the Kopites and I honestly think he loves winding them up.

Meis is just smarmy. His faux Everton-mad agenda is doing my head in lately. He isn't, nor will he ever be, an Evertonian. He is employed to design a new stadium - just get on with doing it.

It all comes back to Everton's appealing communication team, though. That is why the likes of Anderson's and Meis' thoughts have become the main source of conversation over the past year.
Completely agree with that last sentence. That is the source of this. If EFC had a quality delivery system for information they'd have clipped Anderson and Meis's wings by now. The fact that these two run riot on Twitter as the primary source of info on the stadium and EFC are aloof from this task looks very strange.

I don't like him or dislike him. I'm just not impressed with some yank getting an 1878 tattoo.

I get the feeling he's genuine, but I also get the feeling he's a bit too desperate to ingratiate in order to get this project.

But he"s already got the project

When does this go before the council btw? I'll feel alot more confident once we get the green light as I fear the kopites in the council will do all they can to stop this.

I really cannot see why anybody would want to stop it. Liverpool council will make a lot of money out of this and improve the waterfront at the same time. The council get the money off the government, LCC lend us the money and we pay back much more than we borrowed. LCC make a nice tidy risk free profit. Beneficial for the City on all fronts.

That's fine if he's actually GOOD at putting the case. But he isnt He winds more people up than he pacifies or puts right on the issue.

Wtf are they on GOT for getting into slanging matches with someone who is obviously there to act daft? It makes him look like a bit of divvy and it should make anyone who wants this stadium anxious that this feller is instrumental to us getting it.
Hmmm. :oops:

https://toffeeweb.com/season/17-18/news/36484.html

Plan B: Council could fund full stadium cost.

Mayor Joe Anderson told LBN there was a possible scenario where the city council could build and own Everton's new stadium, planned for Bramley-Moore Dock, on the Banks of the Royal Blue Mersey, and lease it back to the club.

The Mayor says there is a possibility that Liverpool City Council could entirely fund Everton FC's £500m new stadium if the club were unable to raise their share of the cost via private investment.

The current arrangement under discussion could see the council borrow £280m at ultra-low interest rates and then pass that loan on to the club at a profit to the city of around £7m a year over 25 years. That still leaves around £220m for Everton to find and last month the club's chief executive Robert Elstone admitted raising the balance would “not be easy”.

So, while both the Mayor and the club are still confident Everton can raise its share of the funding and go ahead with the current model, the idea of the city funding the whole project is an option on the table. "There is an open door to the possibility — it is not ruled out,” said Mayor Andserson.

The downside of that from Everton's point of view would be that they would not own the stadium and would possibly have less control over the final design and specification. The club has set an ambitious timetable for delivery, with work starting in summer 2019 and the stadium ready for the kick-off of the 2022-23 season.

“Everton want to own their own stadium and they are still confident they can raise the money that would allow them to do that,” Mayor Anderson told LBN.

Both the Mayor and Everton see the successful delivery of the stadium as essential for their own separate reasons. It is estimated the club's current home, Goodison Park, will no longer be fit for purpose in less than a decade and Mr Elstone says the new stadium is essential to “future-proof” the club. One way or another, Everton will have to find a new home.

He added that, if such a ‘Plan B' were to be implemented, it would significantly change the terms of the whole deal. He explained: “There would have to be a completely different securitisation package to go along with that.”

Critics of the project say the investment could be too risky. The Mayor has pledged there will be full transparency and a vote of the full council before any agreement is signed.

Still worth future-proofing areas in the new stadium for if/when it does change.

FWIW, the government response:

DaWCfOaW0AA6kXM.jpg:large

Standing had practically nothing to do with the tragic events at Hillsborough. And practically everything to do with the fact that there were massive immovable fences pitchside.

It wasnt even the fences, it was the Police failing to do their job correctly and allowing 000s of people to enter the stadium at the same time, some of which didnt even have a ticket.

It wasnt even the fences, it was the Police failing to do their job correctly and allowing 000s of people to enter the stadium at the same time, some of which didnt even have a ticket.

Combination of many things really. One of which was that section was poorly designed with pens that didn't allow for dispersal or sideways movement. Through experience we always went to the sides prior to 89 as there was more room.

In contrast all of the Goodison terraces allowed free movement.

One thing is now abundantly clear and it's that EFC need to get a grip of things and have somebody assigned to this project who is the public face of it. We need clear, concise, confident messages coming from the club along with consistent messages with the mayors dept. It cannot happen quickly enough.
...aye, there's the rub.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back