New Everton Stadium

Remember when we were told planning summer 2018 spades in ground summer 2019 ......
Never going to happen this got ` typical Everton` written all over it

£75m to £100m just for a stand redevelopment and these clowns initially thought it would cost £200m to build an 'iconic' waterfront stadium.

They got planning permission with unanimous approval, ergo they've done it correctly. Whatever problems there were with that slither of land have clearly been resolved since December, at least to the council's satisfaction. I don't suppose the Mayor will be minded to say no, so looks like it's full steam ahead.

But what you're doing is on a different scale. Hardly fair for some to use Palace as a yardstick when it comes to timing.

They got planning permission with unanimous approval, ergo they've done it correctly. Whatever problems there were with that slither of land have clearly been resolved since December, at least to the council's satisfaction. I don't suppose the Mayor will be minded to say no, so looks like it's full steam ahead.

But what you're doing is on a different scale. Hardly fair for some to use Palace as a yardstick when it comes to timing.

The planning application has been recommended by the council.

This planning history is relevant in that the “Main Stand” is proposed to be expanded over a part of the Sainsbury’s car park and the club’s car park
which would facilitate required changes to the car parking layout and arrangements. Sainsbury has been served notice by the applicant (in view of ownership arrangements) and it is understood that the applicant is in detailed dialogue with the supermarket chain to ensure that the proposed alterations to the car parking and access arrangements are acceptable to both parties.

That, added to the fact they didnt even consult Sainsburys at the time of the press release stretches the assumption "they've done it correctly" in my view.

Anyway, as mentioned it's not a fair like-for-like comparison.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back