New Everton Stadium

Aren't we supposed to be seeing images of the BM stadium soon? For some reason I thought that something would be released 3-4 weeks after the fan consultations.

I dont know but this really is starting to drag now, the club havent even tried to play the "ground card" to deflect attention from everything else thats going on, it really is off the radar

I dont know but this really is starting to drag now, the club havent even tried to play the "ground card" to deflect attention from everything else thats going on, it really is off the radar
Dan Meis said we'd see more images in weeks, not months. Richard Kenyon confirmed it. Club not even got images from workshops on website. Dan Meis promised to update his stadium blog. Zilch has happened.

Jesus - this is absolute agony. It would be nice to see what we might actually be moving to. I cannot believe that we are now in May 2018 and still have not seen a proper rendering of what the new stadium will look like. It's incredibly slow and you can only assume that there is still some doubt as to whether Everton will actually get this over the line. It can't all be about brinkmanship for the best deal or council funding can it? The Mayor is prepared to help and has said so. We must be either doing this or not by now. If we don't then I fear for our long term future. If BMD collapses & we are forced to stay at Goodison, then I am fearful of Everton ever having the ability to compete at the top again.

Dan Meis said we'd see more images in weeks, not months. Richard Kenyon confirmed it. Club not even got images from workshops on website. Dan Meis promised to update his stadium blog. Zilch has happened.
I think you can safely assume that Meis is probably fed up by now. Reckon those renderings have been done for ages - he's just be under orders.

You have to look at the people and companies involved in this. If Moshiri is so wealthy why the 'cap in hand' strategy for investment? Factor in Joe Anderson personally and Peel Holdings and BFS will be the least of Everton's concerns. Look what happened at Liverpool and the destruction that was caused there because of two greedy business men who eyed a cheap deal and the potential to develop the club in the short term and make a load of money with a similar strategy to avoid using their own money.

Factor in Peel and Everton's problems could be worse than what Liverpool suffered :

http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=1761

Everton are a big club with a great history and great support, and the club is either ripe for investment and success or simply ripe for the taking. I wonder how Moshiri, Usmanov and Anderson see it?

What a showman that Moshiri is.

He's obviously waiting to drop a new CEO, Dof, Manager and Stadium on us all in one extravaganza!

Wowzers. I wonder what players are coming to add the icing to that multi-tiered cake?

Awaits end of season announcement of Big Scam saying Mirallas is like a new signing, Elstone is staying and has just renewed the Goodison safety certificate for 10 years, and Jet Set Willy Walsh has been spotted in the French Riviera with the agent of half a dozen la ligue players. Groan.

You have to look at the people and companies involved in this. If Moshiri is so wealthy why the 'cap in hand' strategy for investment? Factor in Joe Anderson personally and Peel Holdings and BFS will be the least of Everton's concerns. Look what happened at Liverpool and the destruction that was caused there because of two greedy business men who eyed a cheap deal and the potential to develop the club in the short term and make a load of money with a similar strategy to avoid using their own money.

Factor in Peel and Everton's problems could be worse than what Liverpool suffered :

http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=1761

Everton are a big club with a great history and great support, and the club is either ripe for investment and success or simply ripe for the taking. I wonder how Moshiri, Usmanov and Anderson see it?

Wealthy people are wealthy because they search out the sweetest deals, not because the throw money away on high interest loans.

7802673C-A7CE-4B73-8B81-A1332FCA8D83.webp
The new stadium is the square

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back