New Everton Stadium

Just had a quick look on here but didn't see anything. Does anybody know what's being built onto the park end, loads of steel work, looks like stairs and lifts on 2 towers and what looks like a floor being built near the roof. I've been that pissed anytime I've been up at goodison for the last 6 months I haven't noticed anything happening. Just gone past today and was like, " where'd that spring from? "
Blaming that awful season for my acute alcohol intake this year.
New trophy room mate.

Just had a quick look on here but didn't see anything. Does anybody know what's being built onto the park end, loads of steel work, looks like stairs and lifts on 2 towers and what looks like a floor being built near the roof. I've been that pissed anytime I've been up at goodison for the last 6 months I haven't noticed anything happening. Just gone past today and was like, " where'd that spring from? "

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/goodisons-park-end-set-major-14473782

Usmanov' safe.

Nice one, thanks for that. Can't believe I haven't noticed it before. Nice touch, does seem like an awful lot of work to be done for somewhere we may be vacating in a couple of years. Maybe most other teams would've put executive boxes up there to grab some corporate dough, but fair play on the blues.

DSC_0168.webp
DSC_0169.webp

Nice one, thanks for that. Can't believe I haven't noticed it before. Nice touch, does seem like an awful lot of work to be done for somewhere we may be vacating in a couple of years. Maybe most other teams would've put executive boxes up there to grab some corporate dough, but fair play on the blues.

All Prem clubs have been doing this in the last two or three years, Everton are actually one of the last to do so.

This from 2015...

Premier League clubs have pledged to improve their stadium facilities for disabled supporters and increase the numbers of wheelchair spaces which for years have been substantially fewer at most clubs than the numbers recommended in official guidance.

In a statement, issued after the government published a deeply critical report about disabled people’s experience in sports stadiums, the Premier League promised that all clubs will comply with the Accessible Stadia Guide by August 2017.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ague-improve-stadium-facilities-disabled-fans

And this from the end of last year on the progress made...

In 2015, only two clubs provided the recommended access for disabled people in proportion to their stadium capacity, set out in the Accessible Stadia guide, which the clubs agreed to implement almost 20 years ago. That September, the Premier League clubs pledged they would meet the guidance within two years, given the £8.4bn 2016-19 windfall from TV rights.

Announcing the progress over two years, the Premier League said that more than 1,000 new wheelchair bays have been constructed in grounds since 2015 and 14 clubs have built sufficient capacity. The exceptions include Watford, who do not currently have demand from disabled supporters for more bays; Crystal Palace and Everton, who cited construction difficulties given the ages of their grounds; Chelsea, who have planning permission for a new stadium that will incorporate modern disabled facilities.

Newcastle United and Burnley are also “significantly short” of the number required but have an additional year to comply, having been in the Premier League for one year since 2015.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ier-league-grounds-improved-after-campaigning

So no, it's not a "nice touch", it's something Prem clubs agreed to do twenty years ago, and which after campaigning culminating in a report in 2015, clubs said they'd finally have implemented by August last year. So it seems Everton are a year behind most on this, which is fair enough given the difficulties in working out how to do it at a stadium like Goodison, but collectively the Prem has nothing to be proud of. It's taken far too long for most clubs to get to this point given this was agreed on twenty years ago.

All Prem clubs have been doing this in the last two or three years, Everton are actually one of the last to do so.

This from 2015...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ague-improve-stadium-facilities-disabled-fans

And this from the end of last year on the progress made...

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ier-league-grounds-improved-after-campaigning

So no, it's not a "nice touch", it's something Prem clubs agreed to do twenty years ago, and which after campaigning culminating in a report in 2015, clubs said they'd finally have implemented by August last year. So it seems Everton are a year behind most on this, which is fair enough given the difficulties in working out how to do it at a stadium like Goodison, but collectively the Prem has nothing to be proud of. It's taken far too long for most clubs to get to this point given this was agreed on twenty years ago.

Sorry didn't mean to sound so flippant but it's probably more to do with the way I am/speak. As I read the first bit you posted Everton and palace seemed to struggle because of the age/location of the stadium, but it is nice to see we're taking it seriously enough to make rather large changes. My mate got his season ticket moved in the corner of the gladwys a couple of years ago to make room in the corner of the stand. And last season the build in front of the main stand looks great with probably better views than most fans in the ground.
I was only asking as I didn't notice work had been going on and was surprised at the scale of what was being built with a mooted move only 2/3 years down the line.
All in all it looks like there gonna be top views, I go most aways and have seen new stadiums were the fans are on a raised bit at the back of the lower stands, or palace were even the wheelchair places are halfway up the stand with everyone stood up in front so you'd struggle to see anything. It's good, albeit late, that the views Everton are providing seem to be amongst the best in the league , not just an afterthought at the back of beyond ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back