New Everton Stadium

RE: Chelsea: I think we can read "unfavourable investment climate" as "Abramovich didn't get his visa and doesn't want to play anymore". I never believed those who said the stadium would be self-financed with no help from Abramovich. He might not have been funding the whole thing but clearly the idea to have such an expensive and grandiose design (with no revenue streams apart from football) was his - he saw it as a grand physical legacy of his ownership. Without him pushing for it and using his wealth (at the very least) as a backstop, it looks like it's very quickly become impractical, too complicated and too expensive to realise.

Chelsea are more than capable of self-financing a stadium. It seems to me they're not capable of self-financing that design.

I suspect our own stadium hopes will also hit the buffers. US and UK governments now putting greater scrutiny on Russian oligarchs and where their money has come from/going to. Can't say they're wrong to do so.

I suspect our own stadium hopes will also hit the buffers. US and UK governments now putting greater scrutiny on Russian oligarchs and where their money has come from/going to. Can't say they're wrong to do so.

They're absolutely right to do so but the UK is one of the most corrupt countries for laundering and bribes. Absolute hypocrisy against an in-vogue target.

Be interesting to see what happens to Chelsea now.

They're absolutely right to do so but the UK is one of the most corrupt countries for laundering and bribes. Absolute hypocrisy against an in-vogue target.

Be interesting to see what happens to Chelsea now.

they are a shambles club at the moment.

Drove past BM today and saw a few people doing things with one of those tri-pod things.
It was on the road outside and could mean anything but it did get my juices flowing.

This was the fella......

upload_2018-5-31_19-2-6.webp

My reading of it was that RA has no compunction to commit to a build until/unless his visa details are sorted. Cant blame him tbf.

"Bad financial environment" can mean different things to different people.
why has it all gone deadly silent again tho? dan meis said a couple weeks for renders about 3 months ago!

if Chelsea can not fund their stadium due to a bad financial environment, then we may aswell give up completely
Although I feel that you may have some ulterior motives with regards to your comparison between the two, I'll reply anyway just to clarify.

The halt to Chelsea's stadium is most likely nothing to do with the actual economy - that's a poor excuse - but rather Roman's investment visa.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back