New Everton Stadium

Although I feel that you may have some ulterior motives with regards to your comparison between the two, I'll reply anyway just to clarify.

The halt to Chelsea's stadium is most likely nothing to do with the actual economy - that's a poor excuse - but rather Roman's investment visa.

Yep.

Scenario 1. Visa sorted, and back in the game.

Scenario 2. RA gets visa, but CBA going through the uncertainty every 3 years/Putin goes. Sells for £1.5B. Back in the game.

Scenario 3. Goes under the radar as an Israeli citizen. Pulls the funding and Chelsea actually have to start using a few of their 3000 academy players. See Ya.

Rebuilding Stamford Bridge is always going to cost an unjustifiable amount regardless of any ownership issues, the location makes sure of that.

The New Spurs ground will probably end up North of a Billion and that is in one of the poorest parts of the city

Yep.

Scenario 1. Visa sorted, and back in the game.

Scenario 2. RA gets visa, but CBA going through the uncertainty every 3 years/Putin goes. Sells for £1.5B. Back in the game.

Scenario 3. Goes under the radar as an Israeli citizen. Pulls the funding and Chelsea actually have to start using a few of their 3000 academy players. See Ya.
I feel that your given scenarios go from most likely to least likely. Scenario 1 is the most likely albeit not a smooth and quick process.

I feel that your given scenarios go from most likely to least likely. Scenario 1 is the most likely albeit not a smooth and quick process.

Its a murky world that seems to have enveloped RA recently. Not being a mate of his, I have not got a clue how he will react. Nor how arsed he is about it.

But after what, 15 years or so, enjoying playing with a football club, successfully, in a benign environment, and suddenly his wealth and status is threatened, not sure lobbing another £Billion into a country you cant visit would be that attractive.

Chelsea becoming a tempting target for Usmanov now.
Keep a team in London, new stadium and leave Kroenke in the dust.
I dont think they are, there are just about zero investors interested in Chelsea after looking at their debt. You dont run up the debt Abramovich has with an eye towards selling the team, because it makes it just about unsellable unless you just decide to take an enormous loss.

I dont think they are, there are just about zero investors interested in Chelsea after looking at their debt. You dont run up the debt Abramovich has with an eye towards selling the team, because it makes it just about unsellable unless you just decide to take an enormous loss.

But there wouldnt be any debt if he sold. Footie valuation bloke on the radio earlier, reckons the Market Cap of Chelsea would be circa £1.5 Billion. RA gets his cash back, and new owners get their hands on the club.

Its a murky world that seems to have enveloped RA recently. Not being a mate of his, I have not got a clue how he will react. Nor how arsed he is about it.

But after what, 15 years or so, enjoying playing with a football club, successfully, in a benign environment, and suddenly his wealth and status is threatened, not sure lobbing another £Billion into a country you cant visit would be that attractive.
Something I posted in another thread...

I still believe this is the most unlikely option as, rightly or wrongly, money talks and especially in one of the wealthier of London's boroughs.

Regardless of his character, the withdraw of a potential £1bn investment will reach those in the corridors in power and will strongly test their will.

It won't be smooth and nor will it be quick - there'll be showmanship from each side - but I believe his visa will be granted and this will continue.
He's most probably simply using the billion pound investment as a tool to speed up his 'investment visa', as it's highlight how much he investing.

While the government are clearly agitated with regards to Putin and his cronies and want to appear strong, I doubt their resolve will last that long.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back