New Everton Stadium

Erring on optimism for a second and daring to assume BMD actually gets off the ground there is still a lot of work needed on transport. The new link road proposal and the A565 dual carriageway plans help. Improved pedestrian and cycle access via Waterloo/Regent Rd included in the A565 proposals help. A new station between Moorfields and Sandhills would help...but...that is still a lot of people to move with limited modes of transport available and fewer dispersal directions than Goodison. Have to believe more would need to be done including possible river bus.

I'd happily the accept planning application to be made by year-end, now. Given that everything seems to be moving 12 months behind the initial schedule.

Slowly approaching the make or break period for this it seems. I've read conflicting reports when the council funding decision is due, one saying this month, and another not until September/October.

I assume if granted, then the club would be in a position to clarify the situation regarding the remaining/private funding.

Still a lot of if and buts. If we haven't submitted a planning application by year-end it would seem rather ominous.

Might be worth noting that none of the new appointees - Brands / Silva - mentioned a new stadium as a plan for the future.

Koeman, Walsh and Allardyce all did extensively.

Might be worth noting that none of the new appointees - Brands / Silva - mentioned a new stadium as a plan for the future.

Koeman, Walsh and Allardyce all did extensively.

to be fair, it seems Brands/Silva are smart enough not to assume they'll be here in 4/5 years ( or however long it takes to build ) so probably don't keep mentioning it

fat sam probably assumed he was here until he wanted the fat dog

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back