New Everton Stadium

THEM are applying for planning permission to expand and host music, international and sport events according to Sky Sports

Imagine 5000 people coming out of a gig and having to walk through Anfield at night, through Stanley Park or up Breck Road, No thanks.

So now Everton might walk away from the council and use other funding methods? We don’t even have funding secured and we’re meant to be starting building work in a year.

This is looking less and less likely to go ahead.

Typical Everton.

This is just the club trying to get the best deal possible. The city is benefiting hugely from this deal so it's as important for the council as it is for the club. The latest publicity probably a negotiating tactic from the council to put pressure on us to sign the loan papers.
I think its a positive that we've reached this stage.

Haven't listened to the podcast but in the Echo article he says the Council "should make" £7m a year, why not "will make" ? The Lib dems are already prying into this and the figures need to be exact to be of any real use.
He also mentions City giving Manchester council £4M a year in rent, seems an absolute pittance for them.

So now Everton might walk away from the council and use other funding methods? We don’t even have funding secured and we’re meant to be starting building work in a year.

This is looking less and less likely to go ahead.

Typical Everton.

What you mean is that we havnt publicly declared the funding.

If, and its a BIG IF, granted, the main reason for Moshiri pitching up was as much to do with the docks as it was Everton, do you not think financing would have been kinda nattered about before he lobbed a cheque at Mr Bill?

The LCC loan thing just makes more sense for the club and Council. If it goes tits up, "other" avenues would have been visited.

As ever, these are my own musings and observations.

I dont think there should be a problem with us finding the cash from somewhere Lets face it, a largely unknown Chinese bank gave us a £60m slush fund, Mosh will have access to lots of avenues of funding but he will be looking for the most favourable. Thats how he has made lots of cash thus far. I'm viewing this latest news bomb as a hurry up to the council. Too many rich people can get themselves even more rich for this not to happen.

I see this rather differently. The Labour group on Liverpool City Council is split, so perhaps, this loan is seen as Anderson's personal project and he can no longer rely on support from the Labour group to get it through council. He is blaming the Liberals who are small in number, and, presumably, influence. It looks like private finance is the solution but it will probably be more expensive, particularly at fixed rates. (Variable rates could be ruinous, depending on how the bank rate changes over the next 25 years.) It is likely to be more expensive to finance the stadium.

Moshiri has access to a bank called the Usmanovs Pockets Financial Institution.

I like how they come out and say "We hope they take our offer, but they are talking to others about financing and may have better options" is a sign of doom to some on here. Nothing says financing is falling through like knowing there are now multiple people interested in offering the funds and competing on terms.

I like how they come out and say "We hope they take our offer, but they are talking to others about financing and may have better options" is a sign of doom to some on here. Nothing says financing is falling through like knowing there are now multiple people interested in offering the funds and competing on terms.

Sorry, could you repeat that?

Lads, a planning application for a project this size on the proposed site was always going to take a minimum of 18 months. There is so much involved and it takes a long time to have a full planning application ready to submit. There will no doubt be further requests for information after an application of this size is submitted.

My fear is until the new ground is actually finished this is going to be a good 4-5 seasons of mediocrity and treading water. I hope once the new ground is done it brings in large amounts of outside investment which can push us forward but whilst we are at GP I fear the only thing we have going for us is Moshiri bankrolling us and I fear that cash has dried up after wasting so much last season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back