New Everton Stadium

To those on here who are taking a perverse pleasure in the alleged demise of BM, don't count your chickens just yet. I think the latest information is suggesting Everton have more than one financial suitor to facilitate the loan. Don't see why this news is automatically being taken as a negative. On a broader note, surely the whole point of Moshiri coming her was the new stadium, otherwise what's in it for him? I'm still confident it will go ahead. Hope we put planning permission in before the start of next season. Planning permission can be granted without the need to show funding is in place, as I understand it.
This is the third time in 16 months we've seen a shift in the proposed funding model.

That doesn't sound right AT ALL.

This is the third time in 16 months we've seen a shift in the proposed funding model.

That doesn't sound right AT ALL.

To keep any sanity about this Dave, you just have to keep looking at the bigger picture. Like docks and all that.

It may well all end up busted, but until that happens, there are very big fish nibbling all over this stadium build.

To keep any sanity about this Dave, you just have to keep looking at the bigger picture. Like docks and all that.

It may well all end up busted, but until that happens, there are very big fish nibbling all over this stadium build.

It doesn't sound promising at all to me mate. It's Everton and it's a stadium scheme. The fact that there's confusion over funding tells me this is not a well thought out plan.

Mark my words: "prevailing head winds in the economy have forced us to rethink our proposed move to the Bramley Moore Dock". <----- Probably early next year.

It doesn't sound promising at all to me mate. It's Everton and it's a stadium scheme. The fact that there's confusion over funding tells me this is not a well thought out plan.

Mark my words: "prevailing head winds in the economy have forced us to rethink our proposed move to the Bramley Moore Dock". <----- Probably early next year.

The meltdown to end all meltdowns would then ensue... Doesn't bear thinking about. Think I'll bury my head in the sand until then and hope for the best.

I totally get that. As you know, my tie has been hung on one hook for ages on this.

Not one of the reasons I chose that hook have changed.

TBF Dave, new options and opportunities doesn't mean confusion.

What happened?

The Mayor mentioned that he wants to provide funding to BM and make £7M a year. He also said that while he really wants to do this, and make £7M a year, the club are also looking at other funding arrangements for the benefit of the club. So basically we are looking for the best financial package available, and the Mayor still really wants to fund us. So all good news. However everyone on here has gone into panic mode and decided that we are not building the new ground.....in a nutshell...........

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back