New Everton Stadium

Not getting the point of this post?

Well some speculate Moshiri is only here due to the Liverpool waters project/BMD stadium which that article not only adds credit to that but suggests to me atleast that this will go ahead as no doubt irons will have been in the fire for many months between the council imo.

haven't seen it, but apparently the red echo gave Corbyn a loaded question to criticize the potential funding of evertons stadium, he refused to be drawn into talking negatively about it, but will be interested to see the wording myself from a 'local' paper

Everton plan to build a vastly improved Stadium in an iconic location in the City, having the knock on effect of improving that specific area, starting regeneration leading back to the City, and creating jobs and potentially strengthening one of the 2 major sports teams, but how can we word the question to make it negative?

How pathetic, summed up by their childish question about how much the Liverpool fans are a 'big fan of him'.

Everton plan to build a vastly improved Stadium in an iconic location in the City, having the knock on effect of improving that specific area, starting regeneration leading back to the City, and creating jobs and potentially strengthening one of the 2 major sports teams, but how can we word the question to make it negative?

How pathetic, summed up by their childish question about how much the Liverpool fans are a 'big fan of him'.
Pathetically sycophantic, I'm glad Cornyn didn't fall for their trap, you can imagine the headline had he done so

It's lucky Meis is already bald...is he ever going to get a European football stadium built? :Blink:

Nine arrested for corruption over new Rome stadium
Nine people involved in the construction project for Serie A club AS Roma's proposed new stadium were arrested on Wednesday, including the owner of the company contracted to build the state-of-the-art facility, Italian police announced.

https://www.thelocal.it/20180613/nine-arrested-for-corruption-over-new-rome-stadium

It’s Rome
It's lucky Meis is already bald...is he ever going to get a European football stadium built? :Blink:

Nine arrested for corruption over new Rome stadium
Nine people involved in the construction project for Serie A club AS Roma's proposed new stadium were arrested on Wednesday, including the owner of the company contracted to build the state-of-the-art facility, Italian police announced.

https://www.thelocal.it/20180613/nine-arrested-for-corruption-over-new-rome-stadium
It’s Rome it’s Italy ,corruption , backhanders , bribes and protection money are the norm and to be expected.

if Usmanov is secretly behind us, financing things, then the docks will be in massive doubt, as this government is topping oligarchs activities , just l like they have with abramovich...

usmanov is a bigger version of Abramovich with personal ties to Vladimir Putin.

can not see him getting involved with this stadium , at least while the waters are muddied.

the plans will be shelved

Anderson is finished as a local politician and this stadium deal looks ever more remote by the passing months.

I feel genuinely sorry for those of our supporters who become excited about stadium plans. This club's owners and officers have a habit of dashing hopes and I think we might be in the final stretches of this one getting binned. I'm fully expecting 'economic headwinds' and Brexit to be trundled out soon to put an end to this fiasco.
add to that , ANY Oligarch linked to the former soviet union and Vladimir Putin, ie Usmanov and Abramovich, having visa's cancelled and monies frozen, all leads to this being shelved

Reading between the lines of the Anderson podcast with O’Keffe and his previous one with The Everton Business Matters Guys it is clear EFC got hit by a double whammy. 1. More realistic cost estimate of £500+m than £300-350m 2. Council risk assessment reducing max funding from ‘up to £350m’ to £280m. We have gone from effectively fully funded to a £200+m funding gap.

Elstone was beavering away behind the scenes. As I understand it there is a (Chinese) funding option but at >9% interest (vs. ~ 5-6% from the council) making the economics worse than marginal. Elstone leaving has certainly disrupted the funding search & Harris, now leading, is a carpet-bagger IMO.

Moshiri (Usmanov) are somewhat hampered/indirectly impacted by US sanctions and less willing/able to provide shareholder funding meaning we cannot move forward until either that changes or we get a difference making naming rights deal with a substantial upfront prepayment. Unfortunately the stadium naming rights market is flat, Spurs & West Ham have struggled lately and so are we.

The project could collapse, especially if the council pull out. Assuming the council stay committed it is more likely it will drag on for another extra year or two until circumstances shift/Moshiri finds a way to make more funding available. BREXIT is a wildcard. It could create capital flight from UK and deinvestment. This may restrict lending options but it may also leave fewer projects competing for funds. Hard to predict if we win or lose right now.

harris is an absolute joke of a board member.. he personally over saw the collapse of ITV Digital, sending dozens of clubs into adminstartion back in the 2000's and then let Crystal palace sink into adminstation when he was supposed to be finding a buyer for them.

and now he is incharge of our stadiums, financials??? hahahahhahahahah

we may aswell give up on this now.

People can't see this.

We will have council members who don't follow football but will ask why a council has to be guarantor to a billionaire who owns a football club in a multi billion pound industry.

the billionaire DOESNT want the risk, so why should the council...

it stinks to be honest.

harris is an absolute joke of a board member.. he personally over saw the collapse of ITV Digital, sending dozens of clubs into adminstartion back in the 2000's and then let Crystal palace sink into adminstation when he was supposed to be finding a buyer for them.

and now he is incharge of our stadiums, financials??? hahahahhahahahah

we may aswell give up on this now.

I've yet to hear anybody say anything positive about Harris. It's a very, very odd appointment.

if Usmanov is secretly behind us, financing things, then the docks will be in massive doubt, as this government is topping oligarchs activities , just l like they have with abramovich...

usmanov is a bigger version of Abramovich with personal ties to Vladimir Putin.

can not see him getting involved with this stadium , at least while the waters are muddied.

the plans will be shelved

Biggest load of conjecture and poo I've read in a while.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back