New Everton Stadium

As already said, The safe standing section at Spurs is 1:1 but as its a new stadium (new regulations,) the gap between the supporter in front of you is bigger than at Celtic Park, (safe standing installed on years old terracing.)
As to the earlier question about the cost of our new stadium, the figure being thrown about of a £billion for the stadium alone is way high, (that estimate is for the whole project of a hotel and apartments etc,) so my guess, including the cost of buying the land would be at the very most £700 million?
And yes, that does take into consideration that electricians are supposedly earning £400 a day ;-).

EDIT. In our safe standing section the seats are folded up/locked so that they are then easily used for when needed again like for NFL football, concerts etc.

Last edited:
40K is what will be built. There isn't a need for 50K and above, the fanbase just isn't there no matter what way it is spun.
What needs to absolutely happen is a top, top class stadium that has everything a modern arena should have. Safe standing should be factored into the design.

Paying for it will be the issue... Moshiri is a crook, and big Joe's bid to get it on welfare isn't going to go down well with taxpayers all across the city. :rant:

40K is what will be built. There isn't a need for 50K and above, the fanbase just isn't there no matter what way it is spun.
What needs to absolutely happen is a top, top class stadium that has everything a modern arena should have. Safe standing should be factored into the design.

Paying for it will be the issue... Moshiri is a crook, and big Joe's bid to get it on welfare isn't going to go down well with taxpayers all across the city. :rant:

Nothing better to do on a sunny day like today, mate?

We're selling out a 39k Goodison, week in, week out. We also have a waiting list.

Of course the demand is there for a stadium larger than 50k.

What a bizarre post.

We're selling out a 39k Goodison, week in, week out. We also have a waiting list.

What a bizarre post.

Bizarre?
Couldn't even sell out a EL game when we were at home and the team needed our support.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42085410

I was there that night and the "support" was atrocious. No point in kidding ourselves. 40K is the aim, 50K and the stadium will have the same useless atmosphere as Arsenal's.

What a bizarre post.

Personally, I think the waiting list is a myth.

Im only basing this on the fact that my cousin joined the supposed waiting list at the start of May and was able to purchase 2 season tickets, granted with obscured views, by the end of May.

Bizarre?
Couldn't even sell out a EL game when we were at home and the team needed our support.

I was there that night and the "support" was atrocious. No point in kidding ourselves. 40K is the aim, 50K and the stadium will have the same useless atmosphere as Arsenal's.

The Toffees had already been eliminated before the game

Literally the second paragraph

What was the support they needed exactly

Literally the second paragraph

What was the support they needed exactly

To show them we were still behind the team no matter what.

Isn't that the point of being a supporter???? Oh, you only support Everton when they are winning.

No wonder the RS jeer us off with this sort of attitude.

Bizarre indeed.

Isn't that the point of being a supporter???? Oh, you only support Everton when they are winning.

Bizarre indeed.
But why would people spend money for a game that doesn’t matter. Especially being a month before Christmas?

Utterly bizarre. Digs about the size of fanbase, sly dig about not being able to pay for it, lack of understanding about the deal with the council, calling Moshiri a crook. Ticking a lot of boxes here mate.

Bizarre?

What team does sell out a Europa League game? The likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool don't even sell out Champions League games. In saying that, during the 2007/08 season we were getting 38,000+ in the UEFA Cup.

What matters is we're selling out a stadium that is 39,000 every home Premier League game that has awful facilities and thousands of obstructed views.

You're proposing an increase of 1,000 seats is good enough?

Thankfully you're in the massive minority. In fact, I think that could literally just be you who thinks this. Well done.

Bizarre indeed.

I’ve seen plenty of empty seats in games at Anfield, especially in that eyesore of a stand. I bet you’ve missed some there yourself?. :hayee:

Bizarre?

Haha come off it mate. It was a dead rubber.

Spurs had 20k odd at home last season in the league cup and fa cup.

Bizarre?

We’ve often had a higher percentage attendance at Goodison than you’re getting at Anfield. Only one club in the city have had record attendances in the old standing days so you can turn it in with the sly shots about the size of fanbase.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back