New Everton Stadium

I thought when the cost jumped from £300M to £500M that something changed and the positivity of the people involved dropped. Not surprising really if you was on a job and the estimated cost went up 66% you would be worried. Do we have a regular update from the club at all ? Communication is key to get a complex project delivered but we don't seem to do communication so wait for mostly crap ITKs to give us scraps of news.

They will egg it on for a bit longer, in a few months you will see potential designs of what the stadium will look like, peoples jaws will drop, then in towards the end of next season when season ticket renewals are due they will release a virtual tour of what the stadium may look like.

Those opposing it are only doing so because they are Kopites. I would actually laugh if we did a deal with a private company/paid for it ourselves and shafted the Council out of £6-7 million income a year.

Don't be daft, not everyone in this city is a football fan but they all pay council tax so have a real stake in what the council are doing. Because we are football anoraks on here we assume everyone else is, news just in - they really aren't. It was Momentum who are behind this latest news - so Momentum are all Kopites ?
Take the blue specs off and you can see there are genuine concerns for council tax payers that will hopefully be addressed but the people blaming Kopites are just coming across as conspiracy cranks.
Councils do not make multiple-hundred million pound deals depending on what team they support. If we had one team in the City (Leeds, Newcastle for example) it would still need to be scrutinised to ensure the investment is sound for future generations, so it will be with this. Stop looking for conspiracies that don't exist.

I’m confused now as to when the council are expected to sign off on their portion of funding? Is it October?

Even if that does happen, we would still be left with no idea as to the status of securing the remaining money.

It was foolish for the club to allow Meis proceed with workshops whilst everything is up in the air.

There seems to be an opinion that if we haven’t secured funding and applied for PP by year-end then that’s that for BMD. I agree.

I’m concerned that they haven’t appointed the stadium development director either, each week that role goes unfulfilled is a further concern. The only thing that’s clear is that Harris has no intention of fronting up and wants some appointee to come and shoulder responsibility for a project mired in difficulties, that’s just cowardice.

If things haven’t progressed by year-end, then that’s it definitely - they won’t be able to present any credible fudge at the next general meeting and Meis’ tweets will not save their bacon either.

Don't be daft, not everyone in this city is a football fan but they all pay council tax so have a real stake in what the council are doing. Because we are football anoraks on here we assume everyone else is, news just in - they really aren't. It was Momentum who are behind this latest news - so Momentum are all Kopites ?
Take the blue specs off and you can see there are genuine concerns for council tax payers that will hopefully be addressed but the people blaming Kopites are just coming across as conspiracy cranks.
Councils do not make multiple-hundred million pound deals depending on what team they support. If we had one team in the City (Leeds, Newcastle for example) it would still need to be scrutinised to ensure the investment is sound for future generations, so it will be with this. Stop looking for conspiracies that don't exist.

It's absolutely right that it gets scrutinised and if there's nothing to hide then we've got no issues. Let's make it as transparant as possible.

Those opposing it are only doing so because they are Kopites. I would actually laugh if we did a deal with a private company/paid for it ourselves and shafted the Council out of £6-7 million income a year.

I wouldnt. The cities services and infrastructure could really use the extra £6-8m a year from the Stadium, ill be gutted if for some reason those making the decisions turn down helping us out with the Stadium.

I’m confused now as to when the council are expected to sign off on their portion of funding? Is it October?

Even if that does happen, we would still be left with no idea as to the status of securing the remaining money.

It was foolish for the club to allow Meis proceed with workshops whilst everything is up in the air.

There seems to be an opinion that if we haven’t secured funding and applied for PP by year-end then that’s that for BMD. I agree.

I’m concerned that they haven’t appointed the stadium development director either, each week that role goes unfulfilled is a further concern. The only thing that’s clear is that Harris has no intention of fronting up and wants some appointee to come and shoulder responsibility for a project mired in difficulties, that’s just cowardice.

If things haven’t progressed by year-end, then that’s it definitely - they won’t be able to present any credible fudge at the next general meeting and Meis’ tweets will not save their bacon either.

He's been an absolute PR disaster for the club.

It's absolutely right that it gets scrutinised and if there's nothing to hide then we've got no issues. Let's make it as transparant as possible.
Absolutely agree,it has to be put under the microscope and be seen to be all above board plus have gaurentees in place that the payments can be made no matter what happens in the future,the extra income for the council would provide a safety net for essential services plus provide growth for a part of the city thats in desperate need

He's been an absolute PR disaster for the club.
When I first actually seen/heard him he was like a giddy schoolboy I didn't realise then that he actually designed loads of things before, he seemed overexited/hyped and he couldn't get stuff out quick enough and engage with the fans.
Now the silence is deafening.

Absolutely agree,it has to be put under the microscope and be seen to be all above board plus have gaurentees in place that the payments can be made no matter what happens in the future,the extra income for the council would provide a safety net for essential services plus provide growth for a part of the city thats in desperate need

Reading that article it sounds like people are asking about the details should the TV bubble collapse etc and safeguarding the repayments. I think that's fair enough and should the worst happen absolutely its right to protect LCC taxpayers from bailing the project/us out. I would imagine such safeguards are already written into the agreements, it's just that the deal hasn't been made public yet.

I wouldnt. The cities services and infrastructure could really use the extra £6-8m a year from the Stadium, ill be gutted if for some reason those making the decisions turn down helping us out with the Stadium.

But why are they turning down something that benefits them mate? It makes sense for those from the Lib Dems etc as its just party politics of moaning about another parties policy however fellow Labour members?

Make no mistake a large portion of those Labour members that don't want BMD to happen are doing so on footballing loyalties imo. Nothing to do with Keith from West Derbys council tax (which doesnt even factor into the funding of the stadium) and as has been shown many times this deal benefits the city not just EFC.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back