New Everton Stadium

I
It's the centre of a fairly major city with a myriad of public transport options. Jib the car.
If you can't totally do that you can use the 'park and ride ' system.
Building public stadia which prioritise car use is largely discredited now.
I'm thinking that with the reduction of one of the approaches to the ground and the natural reluctance of people to give up their car, then park and ride will have to be the way forward. Then micro "County Roads" will develop around those.

I've been stopping in one of the hotels on the waterfront these last couple of nights, and I've been absolutely gobsmacked at the parking restrictions and the cost of parking that part of the city. Actually seeing the site with my own eyes brings it home in a massive way, the logistical nightmare that may be in evidence when the place is up and running.
It's sure going to add another dimension to the match day experience alright.
Thing is there are areas that can be used for parking, there is a massive space to the east of Great Howarth Street at the back of the Tabbacco Warehouse for example, and if the ferry is sensible on price then can ship a lot of people over from the Wirral/North Wales

It's the centre of a fairly major city with a myriad of public transport options. Jib the car.
If you can't totally do that you can use the 'park and ride ' system.
Building public stadia which prioritise car use is largely discredited now.

There is a new stadium in Perth which has been built just across the river from the city centre. The only vehicles allowed near it are buses and taxis, everything else has to use park and ride or public transport. Public transport is is free for every event if you have a match ticket. There is a footbridge which goes from the city centre straight out to the stadium.
If a city such as Perth which is 100% designed for cars can do it, I’m sure it can be done in Liverpool

Thing is there are areas that can be used for parking, there is a massive space to the east of Great Howarth Street at the back of the Tabbacco Warehouse for example, and if the ferry is sensible on price then can ship a lot of people over from the Wirral/North Wales
Our travel involves the total length of the M62. I would need to avoid the city centre for a start. I would be looking at something near the northern end to park. And any car user needs to be strategically parked to ensure a swift getaway. I for one would hate to get snarled up in match day traffic adding to the mostly miserable drive back over the Pennines.

I've been stopping in one of the hotels on the waterfront these last couple of nights, and I've been absolutely gobsmacked at the parking restrictions and the cost of parking that part of the city. Actually seeing the site with my own eyes brings it home in a massive way, the logistical nightmare that may be in evidence when the place is up and running.
It's sure going to add another dimension to the match day experience alright.

I park all day for £3.50 along with thousands of others every single day near Princes Dock.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back