New Everton Stadium

The one thing I'm not that worried about is the funding. How many clubs have an accountant as their de facto chairman?
The club's transfer activity is on the basis of stretching its credit facilities with Santander and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.

Our "accountant" is basically going mad maxing out the card around town. You have faith in that?

The USM Dixie Dean Stadium at Bradley Moore Dock has a nice ring to it.
Or the USM school of science Stadium at Brantley Moore Dock while a bit of a mouthful sound ok as well
The USM Liverpool Stadium. Just to take back what’s rightfully our’s anyway - as the original top club in the City. Just like the Liver Building and Birds.

For whatever reason (Kenwrights vanity) we had a two year contractual wait. Things are changing fast now. It doesnt seem coincidence he sells around the two year anniversary and said fella gets involved.

The back story we just stumbled upon a ground expert, employed when Moshiri came and put into post shortly after Usmanov sold Arsenal is a far stranger one to believe.

Love this, was thinking this Chong chap was essentially on a retainer making himself useful in other areas until his skill set could properly be put to use.

He’s got a background in this particular role and no doubt the time with us has seen him involved far earlier than he’s use to - making the transition easier.

Hopefully we hear (preferably see) more going on.

Meis has been quiet, hopefully he’ll start communication through his twitter again.

*Just noticed trawling through his twitter his company have started work (not sure what stage) with FC Cincinnati, to create a new stadium.

Last edited:
Why would anybody suggest having Dixie Dean in the new stadium's name? That's absolutely ridiculous, imo. Everton FC is much, much more than a player, albeit a record-breaking striker, who played for us 70-odd years ago. Howard Kendall would be more suitable than Dixie, but even then that would be a terrible suggestion.

Keep player and manager names out of it, who knows what will happen with us in the coming 100 years. A sponsor will take the name of the stadium anyway, and it'll be whoever offers the most money.

The Weetabix Waterside Stadium

You're creating a strawman argument, nobody is saying add 20k are they? That's you just trying to negate my point.

If we're building a brand new stadium, it has to be around 60k, not around 52k. If you can afford a 52k seater but not a 60k seater, I'd suggest waiting till you've got the money to build what you actually need.

I agree , but, costs will rise year on year and we may never be able to afford it. We really missed the boat with kings dock, needed 30m that’s only 3m more than bolasie cost

Why would anybody suggest having Dixie Dean in the new stadium's name? That's absolutely ridiculous, imo. Everton FC is much, much more than a player, albeit a record-breaking striker, who played for us 70-odd years ago. Howard Kendall would be more suitable than Dixie, but even then that would be a terrible suggestion.

Keep player and manager names out of it, who knows what will happen with us in the coming 100 years. A sponsor will take the name of the stadium anyway, and it'll be whoever offers the most money.

Will be called the Howard dean ball kenwright arena if he has his way

The club's transfer activity is on the basis of stretching its credit facilities with Santander and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.

Our "accountant" is basically going mad maxing out the card around town. You have faith in that?

You are sometimes as bad as the Daily Mail or Star for your sensationalist stories mate. You have taken what is a normal procedure when most of your income is paid at certain dates (So you know your future earnings can cover any debts accrued in the short term), that probably most clubs do and turned it into impending financial meltdown. If in the year end accounts you start seeing a pattern of accumulating debt being owed then we can all start panicking.

We know they can't do this, else no loan from the council, they would unlikely get loans from commercial lenders to fund the stadium, so all the money and effort they have put in so far would be for nowt.

You are sometimes as bad as the Daily Mail or Star for your sensationalist stories mate. You have taken what is a normal procedure when most of your income is paid at certain dates (So you know your future earnings can cover any debts accrued in the short term), that probably most clubs do and turned it into impending financial meltdown. If in the year end accounts you start seeing a pattern of accumulating debt being owed then we can all start panicking.

We know they can't do this, else no loan from the council, they would unlikely get loans from commercial lenders to fund the stadium, so all the money and effort they have put in so far would be for nowt.
It's no different to when the club under Kenwright used credit facilities for transfer activity...that and player trading.

Reading the last esk blog he did a couple of days ago was like being transported back to about 5 or 6 years ago when we were in the thick of that regime's continual recourse to debt and sales.

You do realise that the 2 names I said were firmly tongue in cheek , don’t you ?
But there again you missed out on the salient point in my 2 suggestions

It's no different to when the club under Kenwright used credit facilities for transfer activity...that and player trading.

Reading the last esk blog he did a couple of days ago was like being transported back to about 5 or 6 years ago when we were in the thick of that regime's continual recourse to debt and sales.

The difference is that year on year that debt would grow as the out goings were greater than the income that was coming in, until the point the bank ended up calling it in. The club are doing in effect what I do, each year I get paid a bonus in September (look at this as the TV money), I know that if I want something desperately I can put it on a credit card (*temporary Chinese overdraft) safe in the knowledge I can then pay it off when I get paid. Simples.

Thats not the issue. The issue is funding. Once that's sorted out, full steam ahead.
Funding is likely to be a major issue, but constructing a big stadium on the edge of the Mersey is undoubtedly going to present major engineering headaches.It would be naive to think otherwise.

We keep hearing from the architect about the challenges a complicated project like this creates. I don't think he's not talking about the funding.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back