New Everton Stadium

On a less than serious business orientated note, I would be happy with USM obtaining the naming rights.

A massive version of the logo on the side of our stadium next to our badge would look decent.

(see how that sports direct logo makes Newcastles ground look silly)

There is no point in a 61,000 seat stadium. We won't fill it. 20,000 extra fans arnt gonna turn up every game. I would rather a 50,000 seater full every week, than a stadium that's gonna look empty every game.

Population grows tho , and in 5 -10 years we will have more fans, especially if we become successful , free tickets or highly discounted tickets to young kids and other promotions , not to mention the buzz of a new stadium will increase attendance massively .

Population grows tho , and in 5 -10 years we will have more fans, especially if we become successful , free tickets or highly discounted tickets to young kids and other promotions , not to mention the buzz of a new stadium will increase attendance massively .
The buzz will definitely attract new fans and if success comes they will stay. The population is falling it was >8000, 000 in the 30's and has fallen every decade since so dunno how that helps us, a falling population.

So no finance in place,no detailed design or capacity nailed down, no project manager, Brexit around the corner etc bloody no chance this is happening.

To be honest as soo as Brexit happend their was far chance this was happening anyway. Steel has already went up 60%. Expect further rises in construction costs and a tightening of budgets from all councils and governments.

It’s ok mate we get a 99% discount at investsteel ;)

It's no different to when the club under Kenwright used credit facilities for transfer activity...that and player trading.

Reading the last esk blog he did a couple of days ago was like being transported back to about 5 or 6 years ago when we were in the thick of that regime's continual recourse to debt and sales.

Yeah but back then we knew we had to sell a name each window to satisfy what we had already borrowed (arteta money going straight to Barclays), this appears to be taking facilities on the basis payments will cover it that we have already been committed to receiving

and at least now we are spending it and not just using it as cashflow

The buzz will definitely attract new fans and if success comes they will stay. The population is falling it was >8000, 000 in the 30's and has fallen every decade since so dunno how that helps us, a falling population.

Wasn’t aware the population has been falling and not for that period of time either, Why is that? Brexit might actually turn Liverpool into a massive port again, and schemes like ours and decelopments provide jobs etc and hopefully the city can turn a corner. I havnt been there since we beat Wolfsburg at Goodison a few years ago and even then I was only back for a week. So had no idea about the things you mentioned tbh

It's no different to when the club under Kenwright used credit facilities for transfer activity...that and player trading.

Reading the last esk blog he did a couple of days ago was like being transported back to about 5 or 6 years ago when we were in the thick of that regime's continual recourse to debt and sales.
Dave. I think the level of certainty and security you want is more suitable for somebody running a corner shop than a large complex company involving tens of millions of pounds each year.
Reading your posts it seems to me that the only situation that would satisfy is for Moshiri to continue to pump his own money into the club leaving it debt free... which is unrealistic or alternatively not to use the credit facilities available to the club and continue to limp along as we are passed out by other more ambitious clubs.
We have made mistakes with the appointments of Martinez and Koeman and Koeman in particular spent money badly, but one or two successes could help recoup most of the money lost... the sale of Pickford alone would have reduced the net loss of Koeman's trading enormously.
The spending this summer seems much more sensible and a player like Richarlison if he continues to impress could generate huge transfer fees in the future if he were to be sold.
Our neighbours have largely done what we are trying to do, but they have been far better at it.

I don't want to be following a club that limps along, telling ourselves about our great history, about our huge fanbase , our historic old ground while at the same time not being even close to sitting at football's top table.

If risks have to be taken, then take them, if an investor has to come in to support Moshiri, even a Russian oligarch, then so be it.
It isn't as if the game is exactly pristine clean as it is.

Here it is in the flesh for you to compare, photo taken a few minutes ago from one of the live cameras at the stadium. Obviously still a work in progress and all the covers are still on the seats that are installed. They started work on the pitch recently though.

View attachment 48300
I had a quick peruse then and it looks even more spectacular today in the sun. I won't try to hide my envy!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back