New Everton Stadium

But, thus far, they have missed every deadline they had put in place.

Concerns are genuine at this stage. The funding model also continues to change.

I do understand the concern, almost every building project of this size undergoes revision on almost every aspect of the project, including timing, right up until the build commences - and as Spurs and Wembley demonstrated - even after the suggested completion date.

I guess all of us (after debacles of Kings Dock, Tesco et al) are super nervous that it will not really happen. Personally I think this will happen, but they are too optimistic on delivery times - but I can see it happening - and it will be iconic for all the right reasons.

Frankly speaking, we'll last at Goodison quite well until it is delivered - so let's at least enjoy the improvement in play and players and the spark of hope that is around at the moment in the majority of supporters.

I've never claimed to be in the past apart from the info about Niasse not being a Martinez inspired signing.

As said: take it or leave it. But I'm 100% convinced now from what I hear that the funding is a wing and a prayer mission to get LCC to cover the costs.

I'm sure those lads who are right behind this stadium scheme on here like @Jacko93 will have heard similar.

Been told by a very good source that the only game in town funding-wise is still via the council, and that priivate investors are still not interested in taking up any (never mind all) of the heavy lifting.

Take or leave.
jwdr.gif

I've never claimed to be in the past apart from the info about Niasse not being a Martinez inspired signing.

As said: take it or leave it. But I'm 100% convinced now from what I hear that the funding is a wing and a prayer mission to get LCC to cover the costs.

I'm sure those lads who are right behind this stadium scheme on here like @Jacko93 will have heard similar.[/QUOTE

Dave doing what Dave does best

Been told by a very good source that the only game in town funding-wise is still via the council, and that priivate investors are still not interested in taking up any (never mind all) of the heavy lifting.

Take or leave.
That seems a contradiction to the statement released by Joe Anderson last week. Apparently Moshiri is meeting Anderson this week so I guess we’ll know more after this meeting.

I'm sure those lads who are right behind this stadium scheme on here like @Jacko93 will have heard similar.

Dave do you have some info to backup your contention or is this just a feeling of yours?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back