New Everton Stadium

As said, in all seriousness, funding-wise it has been underlined to me that the LCC offer is the best the club has come up with. Politically that's explosive so I really cant see any substantial movement on this, if at all.
Could it be that your source hasn't heard of any other funding? If the likes of Usmanov is investing, it would only be known at board level. So your source is either on the board and breaching a confidentiality agreement, or they don't know the full picture.

Could it be that your source hasn't heard of any other funding? If the likes of Usmanov is investing, it would only be known at board level. So your source is either on the board and breaching a confidentiality agreement, or they don't know the full picture.

It;s entirely possible. I'm just relaying their knowledge as things stand.

So you don’t think the club had set KPIs in their stadium project that resulted in them ‘hoping’ to be in the stadium by 2020/21? Are you seriously that naive?
Not at all but like with all construction projects of this magnitude there are bound to be initial setbacks/delays. IIRC it took Spurs around 10yrs to finally put a 'spade in the ground' so to speak. No need for mass panic yet I'd guess.

If the overall development and business potential of BMD is so great, with the stadium as its fulcrum, then why can we seemingly not get a sniff of commercial funding? Even through the credit facility with OCBC, who are in effect the state bank of China.

Moshiri isn't going to fund anything personally, so its Usmanov + council or bust for this it seems. Politically, ethically, and financially they would make for strange bedfellows. And if Usmanov is tempted with the returns on offer, they why not others?

I'm not one to sneeze at the complexity of getting funding but as an ordinary punter, I look at it in terms of having to pay for about 12 Gylfi Sigurdssons. Surely over a 30-40 year period even with interest, that is achievable?

My biggest concern is that the management and executive at Everton tasked with bringing this to fruition are not going to be up to the job. Harris inspires no confidence at all and Ryazantsev, whilst being an impressive talker, seems a bit wet behind the ears for a project of this magnitude, whilst DBB is new to her role.

I'm willing this to succeed, but I have to admit my gut feeling always runs contrary to that hope.

It's a source and therefore remains unattributed.
Dave. I don't doubt your bona fides , but I think we all question the bona fides of sources both positive and negative about the club.
We all know the bones of the BMD project, but I would expect a " source " who has sensitive knowledge about the funding of a new ground should equally have knowledge about less sensitive items like capacity, design.
I would expect they should have some knowledge about the proposed future ownership of the club, unless the source is a council source and then you would ask how much would they actually know.

The transfer activity during the summer highlighted the fact that our business was kept very private.
Apart from what is general knowledge I have not heard anything new about the proposed new ground.
I certainly have not heard anything (apart from gossip) regarding the proposed ownership of the club going forward and that would impact hugely on any funding model for a new stadium. By that I mean if a super wealthy man like Usmanov were to get involved then we would obviously be in a very different situation to one where Moshiri tries to go alone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back