New Everton Stadium

Dave. I don't doubt your bona fides , but I think we all question the bona fides of sources both positive and negative about the club.
We all know the bones of the BMD project, but I would expect a " source " who has sensitive knowledge about the funding of a new ground should equally have knowledge about less sensitive items like capacity, design.
I would expect they should have some knowledge about the proposed future ownership of the club, unless the source is a council source and then you would ask how much would they actually know.

The transfer activity during the summer highlighted the fact that our business was kept very private.
Apart from what is general knowledge I have not heard anything new about the proposed new ground.
I certainly have not heard anything (apart from gossip) regarding the proposed ownership of the club going forward and that would impact hugely on any funding model for a new stadium. By that I mean if a super wealthy man like Usmanov were to get involved then we would obviously be in a very different situation to one where Moshiri tries to go alone.
The source for the source was a club insider.

Overall I get the impression things are still firmly planned. I get no impression of headwinds deviating the club from the final outcome. Those doubts are my own, not any source's.

I wonder if the Anfield decision makes investment in BMD more favorable?

I doubt it, the planning department at the moment has too many NIMBY's who control decisions. We have residents in the city centre who live in the business district objecting to office developments because of a bit of green area will be lost, we have people living in the heart of the university areas complaining that the universities shouldn't expand because it means it'll be empty in the summer (but also, nothing else should be built either because it will affect light in their garden).

BMD is an excellent move for Everton if it happens but there's no doubt that there will be constant objections to everything put forward during the whole process, this isn't just a football thing either, there's plenty of people from both set of supporters who love to have a good moan about things which should be laughed at but the planning department take seriously. Investment in Liverpool Waters is going to be a nightmare for any developer, as it always is with this city they'll repeatedly tell developers to amend their designs until the developer gives up trying to do something unique and we get a fake brick 3 story box.

I doubt it, the planning department at the moment has too many NIMBY's who control decisions. We have residents in the city centre who live in the business district objecting to office developments because of a bit of green area will be lost, we have people living in the heart of the university areas complaining that the universities shouldn't expand because it means it'll be empty in the summer (but also, nothing else should be built either because it will affect light in their garden).

BMD is an excellent move for Everton if it happens but there's no doubt that there will be constant objections to everything put forward during the whole process, this isn't just a football thing either, there's plenty of people from both set of supporters who love to have a good moan about things which should be laughed at but the planning department take seriously. Investment in Liverpool Waters is going to be a nightmare for any developer, as it always is with this city they'll repeatedly tell developers to amend their designs until the developer gives up trying to do something unique and we get a fake brick 3 story box.
Which is exactly why this city has fell so far behind Manchester.

History should be respected and preserved, but not at the expense of future development and investments.

yea, that seems to be the same the world over!
Just thought that BMD might not be as prone to NIMBY objections given its location.

Sadly it'll probably be worse because it's part of the world heritage site, not only will you have some local residents complaining about it but UNESCO will frustrate the entire process if they don't like it too, you get the impression they already prefer the land to sit derelict.

Sadly it'll probably be worse because it's part of the world heritage site, not only will you have some local residents complaining about it but UNESCO will frustrate the entire process if they don't like it too, you get the impression they already prefer the land to sit derelict.

I thought the markers had been set out re design/height/etc to satisfy UNESCO.

The plans ,if and when they are submitted , will have been cleared by UNESCO and every other relevant body. If and when being the appropriate phrase.

This whole stadium saga has the same feelings as the kings dock and Kirkby schemes. I'm not very confide t it will go through. It just seems to have gone extremely quite. Not even and images habe been released.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back