New Everton Stadium

That's well wide of the mark, I'm afraid. There will be NO Usmanov involvement.

We are stuck with our hands out pan-handling for council cash....for half a billion. It's Fantasy Island stuff.

I feel sorry for the lads who get really excited over these stadium schemes only to be let down again and again after having put a hell of a lot of energy into it. The default position for any Everton supporter where stadiums are concerned should be to say "yeah, Ok, course we are". And then forget about it. The owners and officers of this club have pulled off way too many cruel deceits to hand them anything like the benefit of the doubt on BMD.

It wont happen. I'm pretty much 100% on this now....or I should say that it wont happen in the form it's up to this point been talked about.
I'll just stick that in the vault and note the page number.

Nope it's not classified as a standing section. It's going to have just the regular seats installed here with the hand rails as an extra. So it's not rail seating or anything like that and seats can't be locked upright.

Not quite right. They can and will be locked up if the legislation changes, but at the moment legislation says everone has to have a seat. This from the OS on how the seats will work...

"The seat in its folded position is slim, allowing the stepping clearway to be maximised, with a purpose-designed lock to ensure the seat can be stowed when required."
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...as-offer-new-concept-in-safe-standing-debate/

In terms of getting safe standing legalised this could be quite clever, however. The difference between the stadium when it eventually opens and the stadium in safe-standing mode if legislation changes will only be that the seats are locked upright. Objectors to safe standing will have to explain why they think these sections are safe with the seats unlocked, but having the seats locked upright isn't safe. lol We'll be narrowing down the arguments against safe-standing almost to the point of absurdity.

What's there to say realistically?

If someone has a shopping list of stuff they want but they have no money to get them would you say it was interesting news?

That's the position the club are in. Still talking about what they want without the wherewithal to make it happen.

Dave.
It’s over. Put the keyboard down.
This battle is lost

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back