New Everton Stadium

I'm not declaring its death so much as recognising that the plan "as was" has changed a number of times and will - in all likelihood if it goes ahead - be considerably downsized.

As for funding: more expensive loan options than LCC is a massive gamble and a dangerous one.

So that's where we are after 18 months: take a council loan deal that's built on the quicksand of political decisions or take a loan deal that could saddle the club with unbearable repayment.

It's a good job we have the Mosh here with his billions and billionaire contacts, eh?
Ah....thats a little different from the "stick a fork in it , its done" stance.

Refreshing from you Dave.

Where does more expensive become 'unbearable'?

Also, you seem to assume that there has been a lot of changes in funding arrangements. Maybe there used to be 5, then 4, then 3 and so on, but we only hear of the one that is shouted about. That happens to be by JA. Is there any coincidence that we hear more from him than the club? JA has one deal to shout loudly about, to any the praises of. Everton aren't going to do the same if they have numerous offers/opportunities.

That's just speculation about 'maybe there were 3, 4, 5 funding options'.

Bottom line: we are 18 months into this now and the machinery has come to a grinding halt because they cant get their act together concerning who pays for it.

That's just speculation about 'maybe there were 3, 4, 5 funding options'.

Bottom line: we are 18 months into this now and the machinery has come to a grinding halt because they cant get their act together concerning who pays for it.
Sadly, this looks to be the case. The next snippet of information we get from the club will, IMO, include details of how they’ve pushed the project back another year.

The cynic in me thinks they’re holding out for March 2019 when the country leaves the Europeans Union and they can blame the collapse of the project on Brexit.

Sadly, this looks to be the case. The next snippet of information we get from the club will, IMO, include details of how they’ve pushed the project back another year.

The cynic in me thinks they’re holding out for March 2019 when the country leaves the Europeans Union and they can blame the collapse of the project on Brexit.

There's something wrong with this scheme. It's hit the rocks and there's no reason to deny it, although some want to. My view is that we'll be lucky to see a down-scale version of the original grand plan.

But the club owe it to those who are and have been enthralled with this project to hand them some information beyond the usual fantasy island restatement of hoped for progress.

If it does go up in smoke it'll be an almighty blow to the club's morale. That's why I think we'll see this dragged out for a long time to come.

The pay for it bit is done mate. It is what alternative we go for.

Is that it yeah?

So we're in a position of fending off a welter of different investors and are just sorting through which of them gives Everton the best deal in terms of debt repayment/time clauses etc etc?

Well then, there's no time like the present to launch that planning application is there?

Yes, a shrewd business man is going to throw millions down the drain so not to cause a bit of upset to people he doesn't even know. Sounds legit

Is that it yeah?

So we're in a position of fending off a welter of different investors and are just sorting through which of them gives Everton the best deal in terms of debt repayment/time clauses etc etc?

Well then, there's no time like the present to launch that planning application is there?

I meant in the fact that council money + a small investment gives enough for a stadium. The delay is what stadium and that depends on how much we can raise. We are moving there.

I meant in the fact that council money + a small investment gives enough for a stadium. The delay is what stadium and that depends on how much we can raise. We are moving there.
Maybe so.

I think a lot of organisations will need to be in a holding pattern regarding claims on the club's revenue as guarantee for investment. Banks, private investors and the council. The naming rights slice of the revenue looks to be a big problem at the moment with not much chance of a massive deal to bring down the overall debt on a stadium.

My experience of Everton tells me that it's too much for them to pull off.

The council need the profit from the loan to fund things in the area, which for me is why Usmanov wont be dong that side of things, if we cut the council out they cant afford changes that need to be made away from the stadium

Seems like this is part of the council hold up / issue

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back